Monday, July 27, 2026

Use an Ugly Color

 Hey Everybody,

This week for the Alphabet Challenge, the letter is U. We are to make a card with ugly colors.

 I had this marbled paper that I think is an ugly combination of colors. So I stamped and colored my images using colors from the paper.  The stamp set is from Unity Stamps called, Ava Girl. It is an unusual stamp for me because the woman doesn't have a face, and the dog is not facing us.  I know it was for the sentiments. You can see one of the two sentiments on the card. The other sentiment is, Yeah, You Got This!

 I fussy cut the images and added them to the marbled paper with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment and cut it in half to make it fit on the card front.

Keywords: ABC24U21
Stamps: Unity Stamps-Ava Girl
Paper: white, black, golden glow, marbled paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: scissors, dimensionals, Copic Markers
Techniques: coloring, fussy cutting
Do you have something that you might use for an ugly card?  Paper was the only thing I could think of to use.
Here are some samples from the gallery.

Orange is my least favorite color, and really don't like candy corn, so I combined them to make a shaped Halloween card. Printed the sentiment from my computer.


The alpha challenge is ugly colors this week. I chose Prickly Pear as it is a least favorite color of mine. 


For the Letter U Alpha Challenge, I decided to go all out with my version of UGLY colors. Not only do I dislike eye-watering yellow, nappy brown, and brash olive green, I dislike them together even more. So, this card was really a challenge--to use ugly colors but not make an ugly card! So here you have it. Even the pewter splatters and gold Stickles couldn't detract from the UGLY colors, lol.

This was a fun challenge not only to use some ugly colors, but to make a card that you'd be willing to give to someone! LOL

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Sue





No comments:

Use an Ugly Color

  Hey Everybody, This week for the Alphabet Challenge, the letter is U. We are to make a card with ugly colors.  I had this marbled paper th...