Friday, September 18, 2026

A Sad Day on Splitcoaststampers

Hey Everybody, 

At Splitcoaststampers we received very sad news that two well known ladies on the site passed away. One of the ladies I'd known from the challenges she ran for over 20 years. I feel like a family member has passed away.

We are all doing cards to honor these ladies. My card will go to one of the ladies who lost her sister.

Here is the card.

One of the challenges was to use flowers and the other challenge was to make tiles.

This is for very sad and special challenges today. Our beautiful friend Jeanne passed away this week. We want to honor her with lots of flowers. So this card is for Free 4 All, Mix712 to use tiles, and JeanneS, a special gallery to honor Jeanne.
I stamped on white cardstock with ink then colored with Copic Markers. I colored the wings and flower centers with Wink of Stella. I cut the cardstock into 1 1/4" tiles and dipped each in versamark, then clear embossing powder. I heat them with my heat tool then added them to my copper clay paper. That was added to a white card base. I added mossy meadow ribbon with a bow and a sentiment with the key tag punch that I cut down to fit the sentiment. This will go to Melody aka lacyquilter. She deserves flowers too.
Keywords: F4A865 MIX712 JeanneS
Stamps: Radiant Sunflowers
Paper: white, copper clay
Paper Size: A2
Ink: cajun craze, mossy meadow, versamark
Accessories: clear embossing powder, reverse tweezers, heat tool, paper cutter, key tag punch, mossy meadow gingham ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots, bow maker, Copic Markers, Wink of Stella
Techniques: Faux Tile

You'll recognize the stamps and idea of the card from yesterday. I was going to add paper glaze, which is a liquid that dries shiny, to my tiles, but I didn't want to wait for it to dry and I thought it would curl the paper a bit. So, I used clear embossing powder after putting each tile into versamark, a clear ink.

Here's a video from Splitcoaststampers to show you how she made a faux tile card.

I hope you give this technique a try. You can make a picture or scene or use random images like I did.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings and hug those you love.
Sue


1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely card and post, Sue. I love that you combined the challenges and that you are sending this to Melody. Hugz

Easy Quilt Card

 Hey Everybody, Denise's challenge today is Country Door. You can find her challenge here.    Here is my inspiration for my card.  Her...