Sunday, September 27, 2026

Ways To Use It Challenge

 Hey Everybody,

Sabrina's Ways To Use It challenge is chickens. You can find her challenge here.
    
This is my favorite chicken and it is from Unity Stamps and is called, Just Beak-Cause. I stamped the image in memento tuxedo black ink and colored it with Copic Markers.
 I stamped the sentiment on the word bubble and added a poppy parade line around the outside. This isn't really a word bubble, but the body of the bee from the bee builder punch.

I think it's pretty cool when you can find other uses for pieces from dies or punches from what they are for originally.


I die cut the image panel with Stampin' Up!-Deckled Rectangles and added an early espresso layer.


 Both were added to the Rings of Love designer paper then added to a poppy parade card base.


 I added the hearts and sentiment with dimensionals. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.
Keywords: WT1124
Stamps: Unity Stamps-Just Beak-Cause
Paper: white, early espresso, poppy parade, SU-Rings of Love designer series paper
Ink: memento tuxedo black, poppy parade
Accessories: deckled rectangle dies, Bee Builder Punch, dimensionals, Copic Markers
Techniques: coloring

What I really enjoy about these Splitcoast Challenges is that it has me going into my stash of stamps, embossing folders, dies and punches and using things that are retired or just sitting in drawers. 

Sometimes when I am looking through a section of my stamps, I may see a set I haven't used in a while and pull it out to use next for a card.
The blessing is that I'm using my stamps and supplies. Several of my friends and I make cards to donate to a local hospital and nursing home. 
Imagine the ripple effect that has on people. When you go to the hospital do you expect to receive a greeting card on your dinner tray?

When you reside in a senior living facility do you expect to receive free greeting cards to use to send to family and friends? Of course not, and that's why we do this.  We each have a unique gift from God and we are using it to encourage others.

I thank God for all the things he's blessed me with. I know how lucky I am.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
Sue

CHECK THIS OUT Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!

Click on the link or the image for more information.

Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.

I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.
so far......


🍂 Parchment Paper
🍂 Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
🍂 Salt: Kosher, Course or Table, each works, but all have a different result
🍂 Pretty Napkins
🍂Tissue Paper
🍂Shaving cream/foam
🍂Watercolor Paper
🍂Plastic wrap
🍂Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil  
* Metallic Embossing Powder:  
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil  
🍂 Glossy Cardstock

No comments:

Ways To Use It Challenge

 Hey Everybody, Sabrina's Ways To Use It challenge is chickens. You can find her challenge here .        This is my favorite chicken and...