Saturday, October 10, 2026

Challenges Day 2

 Hey Everybody,

I've been making cards in the Falliday Fest Challenges. I'm going to share some with you. 
This is now LIVE with lots of challenges.
Splitcoaststampers is hosting 41 challenges over 10 days!

Click on the link or the image for more information.

Here's a list of supplies we'll be using so far. Click the link to see an updated list. People are still getting their challenges ready.

I hope you can join us for a few of the challenges October 7-17th.
so far......


🍂 Parchment Paper
🍂 Cling Wrap or Glad Press n' Seal (tried it, works great)
🍂 Salt: Kosher, Course or Table, each works, but all have a different result
🍂 Pretty Napkins
🍂Tissue Paper
🍂Shaving cream/foam
🍂Watercolor Paper
🍂Plastic wrap
🍂Metallic embossing powder _OR_ metallic deco foil  
* Metallic Embossing Powder:  
* Deco Foil: Opal Deco Foil  
🍂 Glossy Card stock

Here are a few more cards that I've made for these challenges.

 Our challenge was to use wood somewhere on our card. I started with a light woodgrain from my designer series paper. I stamped the greenery in mossy meadow and old olive full strength then stamped again without reinking. I stamped the wheel off of the page in Sahara sand then stamped the horse in the center in early espresso. I stamped the sentiment on designer paper then used the sign design punch to punch it out. I punched out an early espresso piece and cut it in half to put behind the sentiment.
This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

This is a retired Stampin' Up set called, Country Road. It was a lot of fun to get it inky again.
Keywords: FF26sleepyinseattle
Stamps: Stampin' Up!-Country Road
Paper: white, SU-Country Woods designer series paper, early espresso
Ink: sahara sand, mossy meadow, old olive, early espresso
Accessories: Sign Design punch, dimensionals
Techniques: stamping, 2nd generation stamping
Our challenge is Feature a seasonal animal for Fall or Winter on our cards. I chose this little guy eating the plentiful apples this season and spitting out the seeds to plant for another year.
I stamped the mouse then colored him with Copic Markers. I edged the top and bottom with poppy parade cardstock. Then I placed it on a wood background to match the mouse and added it to a poppy parade card base. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

This is a very old House Mouse stamp called, Spitting Apple Seeds. I really liked this image because it reminded me of my childhood when in the summer we'd eat watermelon on our back patio and spit the seeds in the flower beds or at each other which ever was closer! LOL

Keywords: FF26Dockside
Stamps: House Mouse-Spitting Apple Seeds, SU Fabulous Sayings
Paper: white, poppy parade, SU-Country Woods
Ink: memento tuxedo black, poppy parade
Accessories: copic markers
Techniques: coloring
Our challenge is to use holly or mistletoe on a card. I stamped with two stamps for the holly and berries. I used a water brush with watered-down ink to splash dots of ink onto the image panel. I did the same with wink of stella. I cut a frame from copper paper with the two largest textured notes dies. I added a cherry cobbler bow with a glue dot. This will go on a dinner tray at a local hospital.

This is a retired stamp set called, Leaves of Holly. It is a two-step stamp set with holly leaves in two sizes and holly berries. I experimented with watering down red and green inks and splattering them on my card. I did the same with wink of stella.

Keywords: FF26susanbri
Stamps: Stampin' Up!-Leaves of Holly
Paper: white, poppy parade, copper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: evening evergreen, soft sea foam, cherry cobbler, poppy parade
Accessories: SU-Textured Notes Dies, Cherry cobbler and gold ribbon, glue dot, wink of stella, water brush
Techniques: two-step stamping

Today was a fun day at my son's house. I got to see my two grand blessings. I also helped Ben by doing inventory of most of his Disney cards for next weekend's show.

See if any of these challenges appeal to you and give one or two a try.
I'll see you again soon.
Blessings,
Sue

No comments:

Challenges Day 2

  Hey Everybody, I've been making cards in the Falliday Fest Challenges. I'm going to share some with you.  CHECK THIS OUT This is n...