Sunday, July 22, 2007

SCS Challenge

I am trying to catch up on the Splitcoaststampers challenges since I was out of town. This one was Ways to use it 122 where you had to decorate the corners without using traditional corner punches. This is celery cs with celery dtp on edges. White cs has celery, banana and summer sun markers used on flowers, stems and leaves. Summer sun was used on white edges. The petals are banana with summer sun edges. The petals also have yellow gel pen to accent and green crystal brads. I like how the corners actually look like they are pointing to the main image on the diamond shaped paper.

I had a wonderful mom moment last night. My 10 1/2 year old Sarah Annie was coming down the stairs to watch the baseball game on tv. Her 12 year old brother Ben, was already watching. As Sarah stood at the top of the stairs she had a battle going on in her head, Baseball Game or Bible reading.........game/Bible. Anyway she chose to read her Bible then came down to show me what she had read and asked questions about what she didn't understand. I was so proud of her for beginning to read some on her own in spite of the tv being on. Thanks for letting me share that.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

Sue,
I love how you used the petals in the corners, what a great idea!
You've been tagged as a Rockin' Girl Blogger: http://debbirippentrop.blogspot.com/2007/07/tagged.html

Anne said...

Clevah use of your "petals" Sue!

Thanks for sharing your "proud Mum moment!" Personally I feel that these are the posts that give us better insight to the individual's we enjoy visiting... other than just their stamping projects! *wink*

Thanks for nominating me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger... I will be posting just as soon as I find some new untapped blogger's and I need a post one day this week! *wink*

Hugs my friend,
Anne :)

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...