Monday, July 23, 2007

Tough Challenge


Today on SCS the challenge from Beth was to make a Magic card. I have to tell you've I've never done this before, and I'm not sure I'll do one again! LOL Anyway, Beate's directions were great, but I got lost a few times and had to re-cut my paper once. I finally got a finished card and I'm happy with it. I used Wild Rose and Summer by the Sea. I love the softness of this when it's colored. I tried a light blue Copic marker for the sky and loved the results I got. The ground is celery and artichoke wwc with aqua painters. The girl is colored with watercolor crayons also with the aqua painter. With as long as this took to make, I may just put a stand on the back so this card is on display for all to see. LOL My hubby couldn't believe I made this and asked me to show him how I did it. Thanks Beth for the challenge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the magic cards people have made but I've never tried to do one myself. You're looks great! I love your sky!
By the way... you've been tagged as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. :)
(see my blog for details)

Sharon in NE said...

Wow! You SHOULD be proud of this. I love that image too. Great card.

Anne said...

Beautiful "magic" card Sue! I talked my friend Mel into a class last year at our lss! Just so much fun!

Hugs,
Anne :)

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...