Thursday, January 15, 2009

Can You Say Minus Temperatures?

The kids and I are home today as are all the kids in our area due to below zero temperatures. My kids were excited that they called school off early enough last night so they could stay up late and sleep in this morning. Nothing like it; a snow day. Do you remember back to your days of school and snow? Do you remember the excitement of knowing you had the option to go back to sleep or knowing you had the whole day ahead of you to do whatever you liked? The feeling you get is WAY better than knowing you have a substitute teacher for the day! LOL
Yesterday I got a bonus day: what's that you ask? My school district was off, and my kids had to go to school! LOL I got to organize things here at home and still had time to stamp.

This is a double challenge for Ways to Use it 201 and Sketch Challenge 211. For Ways to use it you were to find a website that put colors together for you to try. I used http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/ It's a neat site where you can pick your first color then they pick the complimentary colors for you to use. My colors went perfectly with SU's Green Tea paper, so that's where I started for my card. I colored the image with my markers and stamped. Then I used a dauber with celery ink and went around the outside of the image and a bit of lighter ink to fill in around the image. I used Jeanne Streiff's White Flower for my main image. Love it. Then I added the punched shapes in the corners and added dimensionals so they'd be level and then the pearls. This is for a friend who lost her husband and father in a period of three weeks.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm praying for all those workers, including my DH who had to go to work today. May God bless them and keep them safe in their travels to and from work. I"m praying that DH's car starts after a long day outside.
Stay safe and warm!

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...