Saturday, January 17, 2009

Origami Box was a tough one to do!

Here is my box for the challenge on SCS
TLC203 Origami Box.
I had a tough time doing this box....it was giving me fits I tell you~LOL
I even asked DD who is 12 if she could help me. She showed me how to do a rectangle box instead because she couldn't figure it out either! LOL
I am one of those people who doesn't like to allow inanimate objects to get the best of me. So I pondered and worked and worked and pondered. Finally God hit me with the right combinations of folds and the lightbulb went off over my head! It was amazing to see....First I didn't have it, then I knew exactly what I needed to do to make these things! I called my DD to show her how to make it. I was so proud of myself for not giving up when it got difficult. Thank you God, I know it wasn't any heavy thinking from my brain that got the answer to this puzzle!
This is the Haiku designer paper from SU. I used different papers from this set. That's what I love about SU paper, it goes with cardstock inks, markers etc.
If you want to try to do this, the box bottom is made the same way it is made on this video.
Check out Sharon's directions on how to make a slightly different version. I really liked her version because it was easier to fold without the cardboard in the middle section.
Anyway, here is the top where I used the heart stamp from Flourishes called Lace Heart. I used SU's top note on vanilla card stock and did the edges by sponging caramel on the edges then olive near the heart. I mounted the vanilla cs on choc chip and used my fiskars seagull decorative scissors and cut around the top note.



Anyway, here is the inside. I decided to fold two pieces down to reveal the other side of the paper in the bottom of the box. I also used the top note die and vanilla paper to make the inside piece. It was then attached to choc chip and cut out with my Fiskars seagull scissors. I sponged with caramel and olive. I liked taping two of the flaps up so the reverse side's color would show. I like how this turned out.


Thank for visiting today. May your heart be filled with love and caring and lots of sharing.
May God continue to hold you in His hand and keep you near.
Hugs,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...