Sunday, February 1, 2009

Long Weekend!

It's the weekend again and I have tons of paper work to do. I feel like a kid at times though, you know doing anything and every thing I can to get out of doing the work......
Saturday DH and I went to the awards ceremony for Ben whose team of 14 students competed in Power of the Pen. He loves to write and did a good job at the competition but didn't win anything. There were 24 schools there with 14 students on each team competing for trophies.
It was a wonderful learning experience. The kids are given a word or a short prompt and they get 40 minutes to write something. I'm not sure I could do that but Ben loves it. The things they write are judged by other teachers and given a score. It's neat too because they are written on NCR paper so they give the original to the judges and get to keep the other two copies.
I got to stamp a bit Friday night before I got to all my work. Here is what I made. This is to hang on my Bible Verse box so I can memorize more scripture.
This card was done with alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. First I took a cotton ball and rubbed alcohol on the shiny cardstock. Then I put a few drops of blue ink on the cottonball and dabbed up and down on the glossy card stock. Next I took a bit of red alcohol ink and swiped it across the paper. Then I stamped Pacific Point for the lighthouse and navy for the words. I added Maine Blueberry dp from SU and small pearls on the flowers. I ran the navy card stock through the cuttlebug going each way so the lines were going both ways. I roughed up the edges of the white card stock then added olive ink around the edges. I added large eyelets so this will hang on my verses box.


No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....