Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday isn't Sunday Until I Get to Stamp!

I have to tell you that this has been one, LONG weekend for me! I have had to do a lot of paper work. We have parent conferences this Thursday so I have to prepare written documents for this as well as having 2 Individualized Education Plans ready. These are 9-11 page documents where we list student's abilities then plan goals and objectives for the next year. These are VERY time consuming. Thankfully they are online so we can work on them at home and at work. I did some of my work, then rewarded myself by doing a little bit of stamping. See what you think.
Here's the card I saw that I wanted to try from Bev's gallery. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=64518
I changed the paper and put pearls in the corner instead of a heart, I put two hearts instead of one heart and added ribbon and the fancy edged paper. This is the hearts from Always stamped in riding hood red. I used my Bella Rose paper and stamped on the pink rose side for the hearts and the saying.

Here's the bag I took my inspiration from. Then I added to it. http://www.elumdesigns.com/shop/lett...ange-gift-bag/
I stamped using my serene sunflowers in yo-yo yellow, marigold and banana. I stamped lightly in celery-always on the background. I stamped the bird in tangerine, cut him out and layered with black. The bird was added with dimensionals. I added branches from my Martha Stewart punch and had the bird standing in them with one in his mouth. I added primas with pearls to the branches. I then added one of my large flowers from the pretties kit. I'm not sure I like it but had to go out of my comfort zone here. I added black ribbon and my saying. The edges were roughed up a bit too.

Well, it's been up to 45 degrees today here..........a proverbial heat wave to be sure! LOL We've just finished watching the Super Bowl and were happy to see a close game. It didn't start out that way. We wanted Arizona to win for sure since the Steelers are a rival of our Cleveland Browns. It was a fun, family time watching the game except for some of the commercials. DH has to have a quick finger on the remote to keep kids from seeing commercials that aren't appropriate for them to see. Too bad they have to make things like that.
Well, it's time to get ready for tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. Do something nice for yourself today, I did!

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...