Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ben's Turn

So, today was Ben's turn to have his braces taken off. Wowza, he looks so grown up to me! The Orthodontist had pictures of Ben two years ago that we saw and I can't believe how much he's changed in two years! It's amazing!! Here's my handsome 14 yr. old with his contacts and no braces. The retainer comes next week so right now he's chewing lots of gum! We're also going to celebrate with corn on the cob. Do you know what it's like to watch others eat corn on the cob and you have to have yours cut off the cob? Both kids have really missed that so we're going in search of corn this weekend.

Here are both kids braces-less.

May 2009 April 2007
These are my white and pink bleeding hearts in my garden. They have come back beautifully.

Another childhood memory for me is lilacs. We had a huge bush in our backyard. In May my mom would cut lilacs for all of us to take to our teacher. I loved the smell of them and to this day just smelling them brings back some very wonderful memories.

This is our sweet little Annabelle. She about 8 pounds and very neurotic. She loves to sleep on my side of the bed each night. However she doesn't lay next to me she tries to lay sideways so her tail is near my face and her head is at the edge of the bed. She takes up a lot of space that way. I try to move or turn her in the night and usually don't have much luck.

Thank you for your visit today. It's been a hectic one, but God has been with me each step of the way. If I can bring glory to Him with what I do then I am happy.
Bless You,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...