Monday, June 29, 2009

Cotton Balls and Daubers

Today on SCS the technique challenge was faux burnt paper.
When I read this challenge I knew what two stamps I wanted to use. My Serene Sunflower is one of my fav retired sets. I did the technique then stamped the sunflower and leaves on top I also used my sanding blocks to distress the flower and word blocks. The words are stickers by paper studio. The background paper is autumn vine with Rose Cottage strip across the middle.


This is vanilla cardstock with caramel, suede, choc chip inks. I used razzleberry lemonade for the background paper and stamped images off once before stamping on it. I love the look of this technique. I have done REAL burned edges, this is far less stressful and I don't have to do it by the sink! LOLI actually thought when I read this technique that it would make great masculine cards........then didn't make a masculine card! Go figure.....I did sand the image and the background papers with my sanding blocks.

Check out Michelle's blog if you haven't lately and get going making some of her gorgeous creations.http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/I followed her directions but made my card smaller so I didn't have room for the deer. Thanks Michelle.

Check out Michelle's blog here to find the directions on how to make this amazing work of art! http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/After finishing her tutorial, I added the words from a sticker and added background paper and black brads. Thanks Michelle for making me feel like an artist!


It's been a long, but beautiful day here in Ohio. I don't mind 75-80 degree weather in the summer. I love sitting out on our screened in porch and enjoying the kids swimming, looking at my perrennial garden, reading or just listening to nature.
I hope God has given you a bit of nature to enjoy today.
Thanks for stopping in.



1 comment:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...