Saturday, June 13, 2009

June Card Ministry

It's been a wild, wild week! Wednesday was my last 1/2 day of work. My son graduated from 8th grade that evening. Thursday morning I got an email that said the Sr. High needed 75 graduation cards for Friday evening! No kidding, they have no sense of time! I had already designed a card and was waiting to hear how many I needed. My upline and I put the 75 cards together Thursday evening. Friday morning I delivered them to the church so the receptionist could start to address them.
Then I had to get 5 cards ready for that evening for Card Ministry. Here are 4 of the cards for that. This is the first one which is my favorite one of all. It's a porthole that I did for ways to use it challenge at SCS.
You can't see it very well, but the sky has bashful blue dabbed onto it. The image was colored with SU watercolor pencils and an aqua painter.


This card was a fun one to make for the shut-ins at our Church. I love the bright colors in it. I enjoyed playing with this set and the bold, bright colors. the ladies really enjoyed working with this card. I hope it will brighten the day of the ladies who receive it.

This is my all-time favorite stamp set from SU which unfortunately is retired........Serene Sunflower. I love this set and the beautiful flowers that can be made. I used banana, summer sun, choc chip and garden green.

This is a card designed by my friend, Pam Brown. I think she did a beautiful job. She stamped with close to cocoa on shiny cardstock. then she used a dauber on the bordering blue. She added a staple and some ribbon. I love the cuttlebug folder she used behind the image....looks like wood.


I am getting ready to go on vacation. It has been a very busy time here. The kids and I babysat tonight at church. Once a month the jr. high ministry has a babysitting night. They run it from 5-9 and only charge $10 for the first child, $7 for the second, wit h a $25/family cost if there are more kids.
I am so tired right now. I'm truly blessed. Thansk for stopping by to visit.
Blessings,



3 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... they are all just lovely ... I can't pick a favorite! I can't believe they expected that many cards in that little bit of time!! Shame on them!! Glad you had help and were successful in completing them!!

I'm sitting at Akron City Hospital ... I admitted Mark on Wednesday ... he has the C-diff infection back (severe diahhrea), vomiting which all led to dehydration. Hopefully he'll be well enough by the first part of the week to come home again. In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up on all my Google Reader posts! Have a great day my friend!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the cards, but the porthole is my favorite. The Top Note die is just perfect for this card. Love the colors and the cute image. What a wonderful ministry! Blessings, Diane/Lost in the 60's/Planted In Joy

Linda Anderson said...

These are all such beautiful cards Sue!!!! You have been one busy lady!!

Linda

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....