Sunday, July 19, 2009

A RAK and CHALLENGES

Isn't this a beautiful card? I love how she stamped on the top note cut out. This is a card from Kim aka aunt kimi on splitcoast stampers. It had three pearls on it but 2 were snatched away during their mailing here.....It is just gorgeous isn't it? Thank you Kim, from the bottom of my heart for your encouraging words and ways.


I didn't have any salt other than table salt but gave this a shot anyway. I used curry, mambo and razzleberry inks on this. The curry painted lines disappeared when heated. I even went over them a second time....I stamped the flowers from greenhouse garden in curry and mambo on the background. Then I added the changito image backed with razzleberry. I added mambo ribbon and the words. The was a fun challenge, however I felt like I couldn't get the feel of salt off my fingers! LOL

This is for the VSN #2 challenge where you had to use red, black, white and green. I ran the real red through the cuttlebug. I used two scalloped circles and punched out holes in each to allow the red to show through the paper. I added the turtle which was watercolored with watercolor wonder crayons and an aqua painter. the turtle was also embossed with clear ep several times and cut out. I liked the little dots to make it look like the turtle was thinking. I added black and white ribbon to finish this.


I had lots of fun with this card. I had the frame made and it was sitting looking at me on my table. I knew I wanted the cat and mouse peeking at me so I went to work punching out the white cardstock. Next I used the 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches to make the rings around the cut outs. Next I stamped the footprints so it would look like the little mouse ran through the ink on the frame looking for a place to hide. I had fun with this. This will go to a three-year old who is recovering at home from cancer surgery on the chest. I used razzleberry paper and the punched pieces to make small flowers. Then I added gel pen in the center of those flowers. All of this is mounted on the curry textured paper.


This is a crd for AUG09VSNPOT3. You were to make a card using different shades of green and dark purple colors with something crumpled up. I used my brayer and a torn sheet of paper and brayered celery, and artichoke onto vanilla cardstock. I stamped the flowers in artichoke and celery then colored the flowers with razzleberry marker. I stamped the heart in razzleberry and punched out a scalloped oval then crumpled it up then stamped Amore' on it. That's LOVE in Italian. I used the photo corners punch for the corners. The heart is mounted on dimensionals.


Well tomorrow is it, my hip surgery. I will not post until Thursday or Friday or Saturday depending on how I'm feeling.
Bless you for visiting.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...