Sunday, August 9, 2009

Paper Lanterns, Get Well and Inspirations

This is the first time I've tried one of these demo. challenges. The technique is paper lanterns which I've never done before.

Several people commented that they didn't have a crimper, for this challenge, so I posted the question, could you fan-fold the paper instead? So I did one card with the crimper and one with fanfolding. I scored at 1/4" increments.
I think I like the one with the crimper better because it's a narrower fold. This one looks like a window blind....so maybe I've come up with a new technique call window blind? LOL

I finally got some pictures of all the get well cards I received in the last 3 weeks. I hung them on a wide ribbon on my doors in my foyer. The cards are stapled to the ribbon and the staple is hidden under the card above it. So when I walk past this area, all I see is a bunch of cards from caring and loving people. It does amazing things to my heart to see how many people cared enough to send a card. Many of these cards were also handmade.
The next picture is the twin bed that's in my craft room so I could be on the first floor near the bathroom. It's been a trying time sleeping down here but very necessary since I couldn't do stairs until a few days ago. I'm looking forward to sleeping back in my reg. bed with DH hopefully tomorrow night.
I go to the surgeon tomorrow and hopefully will be told I can have 100% weight bearing on the hip. That means I can begin to use the cane, AND I can go up and down the stairs more than once a day to shower. AND I can sleep in my own bed again cuz I won't need a special bathroom set up! Woohoo! Progress......:-)

Here's the beginning of my sizzix card ring. It can be used so customers can see what things look like. It's also a great way to display designer paper. Customers can make their own and have it handy when they are ordering so they know what they have purchased. This has name, number and price written on it to make it easier for customers to order as well.

Here is one of my two card samples from this vase:http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/93024.htmI used durango textured paper for the base. The Curry was run through the crimper once then diagonally a second time to give it a cool texture. The woodgrain was different inks run over shiny cardstock. It was framed with black with a 1/16" border, then bermuda bay with a 1/8"border. I added get well and some pleated ribbon on opposite corners.

Here is one of my two card samples from this vase:http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/93024.htmI used durango textured paper for the base. The Curry was run through the crimper once then diagonally a second time to give it a cool texture. The woodgrain was different inks run over shiny cardstock. It was framed with black with a 1/16" border, then curry with a 1/8" border. I added the tags with bermuda bay ribbon to help accent the card. The ribbon is stuck in place with glue dots.

This morning while doing my Bible reading, I came across something that really spoke to me.
Psalm 119:130
The unfolding of your word gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:133
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
I sat and smiled when I read this. I have been giving understanding by God. He has directed my footsteps and is helping me each day battle the sin in my life. I'm not alone!
That was really important today to remember. I finished my shower and was sitting on the tub towel drying and I felt nauseous, sweaty and ready to pass out. It was the worst feeling especially since I had to lean on my walker and pray I could hold on and not fall and hurt my hip. I had the house phone velcroed to my walker and punched the call button and my daughter came, got me a wet cloth then went to get her dad. That whole scary time God was with me helping me not black out and fall. My DH got me and the walker out of the hot bathroom and to the bed so I could recover from this.
This is the third time this has happened since surgery. The doctors say this is a reaction of my body to the surgery. I know it was brought on by the heat and humidity of the bathroom. DH said he could hardly stand it in the bathroom himself.
We found that the air conditioning wasn't working like it should, and that's why the bathroom heated up so fast.
I'm just thankful to God for his presence in my life, today more than ever.
Thank you for dropping by for a visit. I think that's enough excitement for one day. I slept for several hours after that....
I'm praying that God is felt in your life each and every day.
Bless you for stopping by.







No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....