Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cards, Cards, Cards

It's amazing how many cards one can make when in charge of a Card Ministry at church. Here are some of the ones I made. The first one is using one of my favorite stamps for men.......a mill. I used the new Stampin' Up folder that looks like a manly folder to me.......can't remember its name but it will be out in the Summer Mini, May 1st. I liked the feel of the card once it was embossed in the Big Shot.







This card uses one of our favorite techniques, huffing.  You use a marker to color the flowers, leaves and stems, then open your mouth and breath air out onto the stamp you colored.  This moistens the ink on the stamp and gives you a beautiful multi-colored image.  It's amazing how fast this card went with 5 women doing different steps.

This is a card I did to show the ladies that they could use the same image, and change the direction of the image and add a different saying and you have another nice card, with very little effort to change it.


I think you can tell that I like using pinks/greens together! LOL  This is for two challenges, F4A7 and IC227. You had to make a quilt in one challenge and today's' for Inspiration challenge was to use something from your home state...........Our flag in Ohio is the only one with a triangle so I used triangles in my quilt design.

This is one of the cards we did for Card Ministry last night. I love this new set from the Summer Mini. It brings brightness to my stamping world. I taught the ladies how to mask an image. I stamped in turquoise with the first flower, then put a mask over that flower and stamped the fern in celery on both sides then the mambo flower. The border and the border of the scallop circle are sponged in celery using a dauber. It was run through the Big Shot for the background texture.This is one of the cards we did for Card Ministry last night. I love this new set from the Summer Mini. It brings brightness to my stamping world. I taught the ladies how to mask an image. I stamped in turquoise with the first flower, then put a mask over that flower and stamped the fern in celery on both sides then the mambo flower. The border and the border of the scallop circle are sponged in celery using a dauber. It was run through the Big Shot for the background texture.

This is one of the cards we did for Card Ministry last night. We used ruby red paper and punched out paper using the scallop oval punch. We stamped Thank you twice on coral paper. We punched one out with the scallop oval punch, and one with the large oval punch. We put the two ovals together with a dimensional and placed it in the hole made in the ruby red paper. The coral pieces stick up through the hole in the card. It's a neat look.l I used ribbon and silver pen to color the center of the flowers.
This is one of the cards we did for Card Ministry last night. I wanted to show the ladies how to make it look like a forest of trees by stamping off several times and making the trees look like they are farther away. I like how this came out. the lady who was stamping thought it was so cool too. :-)




It's funny how sometimes we think of ourselves as serving others by doing something like making cards.  I am truly blessed to be able to do this because I KNOW I am blessed far more than I thought I'd ever be.  We have wonderful relationships with those who are regular attenders.  We have formed a nice group of women who love to serve by stamping.  It makes me wonder where else I might be able to use my gift of encouragement and stamping.  How about you?  Is there someone you could make and send a card to, that would be truly blessed to know that someone is thinking about them?  Use your gifts to encourage others, one person at a time.
God Bless you for stopping by.  Go out and light your world. 
                                                           

Bensarmom

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...