Friday, May 7, 2010

Not Much Better Than Stamping With a Friend

Oh my, what a great time I had tonight stamping with a friend.  She's so much fun to be with.  She calls herself a collector of stamping things...........She's single and when she sees things she wants, she buys them!  Then they get put on a shelf or drawer and hardly if ever get used.  Oh my.....I was pulling out things she didn't even remember she had!  I told her stamps and accessories, I'd be by regularly to use them and make them feel loved! LOL  The funny part was when I said, If I took this and this home with me would you have missed them?  She said NO and laughed.   It's a good thing I'm honest!
  Anyway here are some things I made after I ran cardstock through her Cuttlebug with beautiful Sizzix folders she didn't remember she had.
I colored the butterflies with the glitter markers then used my corner rounder on two opposite corners to get that cool shape. I edged it with sakura gel pen and added two small hearts. I added words using the scallop oval punch. Isn't this sizzix folder gorgeous?

Check out the simple embossing on this card. I colored the butterfly with a glitter marker then cut it out and mounted it with a dimensional. I them added pearls to the flower centers and sakura gel pen to the flower.
Still not tired of these butterflies yet! I colored this with glitter marker, punched it out with the scallop circle punch and added it to a black scalloped square. I added sparkly hearts and gingham ribbon. I used the modern label punch and cut out a black shadow behind it.

This was another challenge for me...........Using these bright colors always is. I watercolored the image then used marker over it......wasn't happy with the watercolors....I cut out the oval and added it to the card which is embossed with a different pattern than the background. I used vanilla shimmer on all of the card front.

Jane, thanks so much for the fun Friday night.  I am busy still playing with the things I stamped.  I am also checking out my calendar so I can make a return trip.  I also have to let you know I had to order some of the things I played with tonight!  LOL  God Bless you my friend.
Hugs and Prayers............

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...