Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Ultimate Challenge--Taking Bits and Pieces of Projects and Making Something Out of Them!

Today has been a fun and challenging day of stamping.  I am getting the cards ready that I made for the Cleveland Ronald McDonald House.  We have 350 cards ready to go.  Praise God!  I can't believe we have that many cards.
  Today I started to put things together that have been sitting around for months.  Bits and pieces from past projects as well as new things that I stamped last night.  Here is a peek at some of the things I made.
This is the new birthday stamp from the summer mini. I colored it different colors to see what it would look like. I like how it looked. This is thoroughly Modern paper which I had left over from a project so I used it with the soft suede to make the card.
This is an image I stamped from a friend. I loved it but didn't know what to do with it. Finally I cut out the center and put a butterfly in that center spot. I added tiny pearls to the flower centers and added the words at the bottom.
This was the other half to a card I did a long time ago.......this was left over weekend where I put cards together that had left over pieces. Talk about a challenge~ Anyway I added gingham ribbon to the flower and added the flower to the embossed white cardstock. Simple but okay.
Wow another challenge for me is using gray. I colored the butterfly with a glitter pen and added pink sparkly things. The butterfly was cut out using the scallop circle punch. This was put on the top note with the designer paper.
This is a unique card for me. I used this gull stamp from a friend, then sponged the sky and colored it with pencils then mounted it on two navy circles. This was then added to a top note which was a piece of paper folded in half and moved the top note past the fold and cut out the paper. The top note opens like a card and that's where the greeting is. The white cardstock is the backing for it.
I had this embossed cardstock and thought it would be perfect with the bella toile background stamp. I stamped a petal card using navy ink on white cardstock. I added the butterfly colored with a glitter marker to the scallop circle in navy. I added brads to the corners and stamped on the embossed area.
This is one of my favorite left overs card. I love the embossing folder on this. I used it at a friend's house then added to it at home. I stamped bella toile on a folded petal card which was cut out on glossy cardstock. I added the brad and put it on the card. Easy peasy~I stamped congrats then sponged the edges and added it with dimensionals.
This is an image a friend let me stamp. I sponged the sky and colored the gulls with pencils. I mounted that onto glossy cardstock which was colored with waxed paper resist then brayered. I like how this came out.
:-)


Thanks for stopping by today.  It's been fun sharing my creations with you.  Bless you and may you feel God with you.
Bless You.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...