Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010!



Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. When you were born, I saw your face and knew I was in love. Before you were an hour old, I knew I would die for you. To this day, I still would. ♥

I saw this posted and knew exactly what the mom felt.
We had a wonderful Mother's Day.  After church and lunch we went to the greenhouse to pick out perennials for the garden.  What a nice selection they had.  Here are some pictures of the garden and the helpers who put it together.

Tim made me take his picture when he was smiling.  I tried to get candid photos and he wanted to smile for me.  This planting flowers on Mother's Day has been a long-time tradition.  I love watching the garden take on new colorful life.  Each year we lose some perennials and replace them at this time.
Ben and Sarah always get flowers to grow in their garden spot; the former sandbox.  They have had some interesting things in their garden over the years.  I will mss the sunflowers this year.  They are one of my favorite flowers to grow and stamp!
I not only got plants planted, but the kids made me a card which I'm holding up and I got earrings and a pretty Mom necklace.  Tim usually gets me cards that make me cry.  They are the mushy kind.  When I got this year's I started to read it and everyone told me to read it later, since they knew it would take a while, and I'd cry. :-)
Mother's Day is a wonderful time with family for me.  However, some don't have their Mother for one reason or another.  I'm praying for you today.















I've had a fun weekend stamping and getting cards ready for the Ronald McDonald House.  We have over 300 cards to donate that have been homemade. 
  I'm going to show you a few of the cards I made this weekend.
 This was a scene I stamped when a friend came over. I colored it with glitter markers. I just wanted to highlight several things, not the whole scene. The edge is sponged with turquoise ink.
Here is an easy peasy card. Colored the butterfly with glitter marker and mounted it with dimensionals. The cardstock came to me already punched, so I put it through the big shot and added sparkles then stamped happy birthday.

This was a personal challenge for myself.........to use green galore.....I have such a problem using the brights! Yikes! Anyway, The challenge was making it then posting it! LOL I colored the image with markers then sprayed it with Vanilla Shimmer. Pretty stuff!
Thanks for stopping by for Mother's Day.  May the Lord Bless you and Keep you until we share time together again.
Blessings to you and yours......Happy Mother's Day Mom!

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....