Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Stamping for Shut Ins and a Video to Watch and Listen To

Today I spent part of the day making 20 cards for shut-ins at our church.  I forgot to make them for Friday's card ministry so I made them today.  I like how they came out.  See what you think.
I stamped the hyacinth in banana then used a dauber and pretty in pink ink on top of the banana flower. I loved the soft look I got doing it this way instead of thumping a marker over it. I love the layered look of the colors. I added dimensionals behind the image, words and heart. The heart was stamped using the hyacinth then punched out.


Here are the two cards I made for today's sketch challenge.   This is my card for today's sketch challenge. I started stamping yesterday so I began to use the color challenge colors, real red and banana. This sketch lent itself to this stamp set so I continued to use this set to finish the card. I stamped the beach balls in real red on summer picnic paper. Then they were punched out with a 1" circle punch then layered on a l 1/4" circle of banana cardstock. I stamped for you on banana and used the word window punch. This will be for an 11 year old with cancer that I send cards to. Here's a link to info. about him. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...9#post16868919




This is my second card for this challenge. I wanted to try the black magic technique again. I stamped in white ink, heat set it then colored it with watercolor pencils from SU Then I colored the sky blue with my copic marker then added the white dots with my white gel pen. I sprayed the image and butterfly so they'd sparkle a bit with the new SU spray. I added my three circles at the bottom of the card with flowers and a butterfly.

We're having a new lining put into our pool and it's been such a big production.  We're due to go on vacation Friday and were told the lining would be in and we'd have it filled by then................I think Larry, Curly and Moe are working this job.............DH is NOT happy.........the boss knows about it and sent the guy out tonight about 10 to fix something that needed to be fixed so we could fill the pool overnight.  It's amazing what you can get accomplished when you still owe the workers money isn't it?

Please pray for us as we prepare for our trip to PA.  We'll be gone for a week.  One of the days we'll be in Gettysberg to tour the battlefields and museum etc.  I can't wait.  I've also got to figure out what I need to take to keep me occupied all week as far as stamping goes.
I came across this video and loved what it was saying.  Listen carefully to the words.



Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...