Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Color Challenge Kept Me Occupied

Today on SCS the color challenge was real red, banana and moss. Bonus given to show how you decorate a frame on your project. Here are my three cards for today. Yup, I said three cards. 
     This is #3 for todays color challenge. I got on a roll and couldn't stop. I stamped apples in red, banana and moss. Some apples are second generation stamping. I added dazzling diamonds to all the seeds. The black circle is made with the new 2 3/8" scallop punch. That's where I framed the yellow flower with dazzling diamonds. I like the three apples with the words on top too.


This is for today's color challenge, #2 for me. I colored the flower in banana and the leaves in moss. I colored the flower centers with red marker. I added black behind the white and added pearls to that for a frame.
This is for CC275. The colors were red, banana and moss. I colored the hyacinth with the real red marker first. Then I colored over it with banana. I kept cleaning the banana marker as I went. The flower is red in places and orange in others. I sponged moss around the edges of the flower image. I also colored the leaves with banana, to lighten them a bit. I used a piece of real red that I'd cut out several scallop ovals and used those as my middle of the card. I stamped in the negative space of the scallop oval. Then I added sparles to the oval frame, every other point. The red piece and the background piece were put through the big shot to emboss. I added black gingham ribbon.

I've had a tough day today.  Yes, I got cards done but my  hip has been steadily getting worse.  I can't walk without pain and now it's affecting my sleep.  I took a nap after dinner tonight and put ice packs on my hip and slept for a few hours.  It's making me look forward to surgery in two weeks. I know that sounds weird, but the pain from that will gradually go away and hopefully I'll be walking without pain soon.  Please pray that surgery goes well on July 2nd.

Kids come home tomorrow after being gone since Sunday.  Not sure how they will be.  I've talked to Ben a couple of times.  Sarah hasn't called at all........that's to be expected.

DH is getting things organized and handled so we have a safe trip on vacation.  Got new tires and got van looked over. It needed brake work done.  Tomorrow I have a vehicle to do some errands.

Thank you for stopping by.  May you feel God's love and comfort in your day.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...