Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cards Made, Cards Received and a Video Oh My!

Remember I'm working on my therapy each day right?  I don't mean P.T. but stamping~LOL
Here are two cards I made with a friend here today.

The first is from the cute stamping wheel called Baby Tees. It's a jumbo wheel.
I used versamark on vellum then embossed with black embossing powder. Then I turned the vellum over an colored on the back with markers. I mounted the vellum on white cardstock to make the colors show up better. I ran the daffodil cs through the big shot using the dotted swiss folder. I added the words with dimensionals.  Aren't they just the cutest images?  It's very unusual for me to use a wheel as a focal point on a card.  Sounds like a good challenge for SCS doesn't it?















The next two cards were from todays color challenge 280.
I colored the image with markers and stamped off. Then I colored regal rose on the flower to highlight it. Then I stamped so the olive and peach would be a shade lighter and the rose would be full strength. I rounded only two corners and added the image to the top note which was stamped in regal rose using pretty pattern background stamp. I added tiny pearls to the image and added thank you.

This is the second card I made for this challenge. I colored the flower using peach marker and olive marker. I dotted the centers of the flowers with regal rose marker. I ran it through the big shot with the leaves embossing folder. I added black gingham ribbon and the words which are layered until you get to the scallop circle.

Do you believe that I'm still getting get well cards?  Yup, I got several more in the mail today.  God knows what we need when we need it.  He's soooo  good to me.

Lynda what a cute, cute card! I love it with the polka dot ribbon and shoes. It looks so real. Love, love, love the ribbon shoe laces. You made me smile today. I am working for the day when I can walk without a cane and without pain. Thank you for your encouraging words. Bless you, Sue














Look at this beautiful card from Karen. It's stamped on vellum with a window cut out. The flowers are in a cute vase. Check out the beautiful purple lace she created with a scallop lace border punch. I love the pearls too. Thank you Linda once again for such a beautiful card and for continuing to fill your cards with prayers and love.
Bless you,
Sue


















MJ, Thank you for the card.  You have been a friend for years and I will miss working with you. Sue

Check this out. This is a video that was made of a mission's trip team made while on their trip in South Dakota. A tech guy who is on the trip made it. Take a look.


Pine Ridge, SD Oyate Concern Missions Team...So Far... from Jason Wills on Vimeo.
Wow, it's been a busy day and I actually took a nap but it was after dinner until about 9:30.  I probably won't sleep tonight now...........but I'll be able to see what the sketch challenge is! LOL
Thank you for taking time to stop by and see what I've been up to.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...