Monday, July 12, 2010

A Landslide of Get Well Cards Arrive Today

It's incredible the number of cards I got today from friends and SCS ladies. Take a look at what arrived today.  OOPPSS, When I reduced the size of the pixels on each picture I forgot to take my signature line off  before I reduced these cards so they have made by me...............None were made by me unless I've described them for you.
Anne, thank you for the darling card! I can't get over all the little details you put into this card. It made my day. My daughter is still counting spot cards.
Meet Duke, I'll have to check cindy's gallery to see if there is a story regarding this fellow. He is just amazing Cindy! Wowzers bowzers he's got so much detail, is 3D and even opens as a card. I bow-wow to the master here. Thanks Cindy!

Dear Dorothy could you have picked a cuter image? Oh my he's colored so pretty and sure did make me smile! Thank you for your attention to detail on this card. spots and sparkles, wahoo!

Hope thank you for this lovely card. I love the image and your layout. Bless you for helping to make my day a little brighter.
Jenna, Thank you for the gorgeous card! Oh my, not sure I'm not going to be selfless enough to send it to someone else! It's my love of victorian that you have made here. Thank you so much.
Julia, thank you for the darling tea pot card. I love the details you put into it especially the swirls at the bottom with the words. You made my day with your wonderful card. Thank you so much.
Kelli thank you for the gorgeous card. I love the softness of your colors and the ovals. I like the layering on your card. Thank you for bringing some sunshine to my day today.
Kittie,

I can't believe I have one of your cards in my possession. I am always in awe of your artistic abilities and even more so when one is here in my hands. This card is just darling and a good reminder of what I need to do....zzzzzzzz and take it easy. Thank you for bringing sunshine into my life and for using my sunflowers in your card!
Thank you for the daling card. I love all of the spots on it. Your image and ribbon treatment are so original. I love what you've done here. This helped to put a smile on my face today. Bless you.

Rose,

Thank you for the sparkly get well card. I love it! How did you do the different colors then the sparkle? It is just beautiful. Thanks for helping to make my day a little brighter and sparklier.
Sabrina thank you for this wonderful card. I have not seen a dot to dot card in a long time. I had fun doing it, but I don't think I did very well. Must be the drugs I'm on! LOL You gave me a fun card to play with them display. Thank you for sending across the ocean to me! Bless you


I was able to do two challenge cards today.  We had to double emboss.  Heat emboss and dry emboss with a folder.  Here are my two samples for today.

This was a fun challenge Joan. I used glossy paper and stamped poppies with versamark and heat embossed. Next I used a dauber and sponged razzleberry on top. Next I used versamark on the pink then clear ep and embossed again. Next I put the background and top note piece through the big shot with the dotted swiss folder.
next I stamped the main image in espresso on pink paper. I added a bow and pearls and it's done.
This was a fun, fun, fun way to work! I embossed with black embossing powder on vellum. Then I colored the back if the vellum with markers. I cut out the rose then used 2-way clue on the edges and put it through the big shot which helped the glue stick. Then I added embossing to the background paper but reversed it so the dots go in. I added black ribbon, and the saying. Around the edges of the scallop oval I added white dots with my ink pen. the image and words were added with dimensionals

Well, it's been a long day with the nurse and physcial therapist visting. Time to sleep and dream of a color challenge for tomorrow at SCS.
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...