Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My First Card Since Surgery

I wanted to stamp a card today since I haven't been able to for 4 days. I tried the color challenge only messed up the colors and card a bit, but it felt great to participate. Here's my card. See what you think.
I'm just back home from my hip replacement surgery and wanted to try today's challenge. I know it's simple and has ink in places it shouldn't be, but I didn't have the energy to fix it. Please forgive me but I really wanted to play.


I stamped in razzleberry then used a dauber to apply the saffron to the flower and image edge. I added a 1/16" border in black then added the eyelet punch on the saffron paper and the small row of flowers. Then I stamped the words and flower. As time goes on I'll get better. Energy and stamina will improve and so will my cards. LOL

It's very hot and humid here in Ohio.  So thankful for air conditioning.
Bless you for stopping by.
I got two cards in the mail today to cheer me up.  How nice of these ladies.
Check them out.
Look at the beautiful card from Kheila! She stamped on shiny cardstock, embossed 1/2 of the base and used calligraphy to write hugs. I almost thought it was a stamp and was going to ask her where she got a hugs stamp like that.


Inside it has stamping as well and words that say, A heartfelt prayer for your swift recovery...May God in His tender mercy embrace you with His healing touch. Made me cry Kheila....Thank you so much for your card. It came at God's appointed time and really lifted my spirits. May God Bless you for your compassion and reward you for your generous deeds.


Look at this darling card with frog hopping all around. The words say, Hey Sunshine. What a wonderful card to wake up to today Shirl. I sure needed that boost that you and your cute froggies provided. Thank you for thinking of me and sending a card to help my recovery. You are a blessing to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I am always amazed at God's perfect timing for things.  When I needed a boost, two card showed up in the mail. His timing is perfect and I'm not used to it yet! lol
I made a card for yesterdays paper flowers challenge on SCS and this is what I came up with.  This is my handmade flowers in a pot. I used the butterfly punch and punched out two for each flower. I spritzed the pieces with paper then used reinkers and an aquapainter to touch the ink to the paper. The ink runs and set easily. Let it dry and put a brad through the two pieces to look like pansies. I added the pot and the words and I was done.

At times when I feel down I'm so glad God is there to Hold me.  I just need to remember He's there and all I need.  Listen to the words of this song.  I hope you're blessed.


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...