Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nasty Storms and the Heat Goes On and ON and ON.................

Last night we had severe thunderstorms which blew things around, brought down branches and sent us to the basement for a while.  I minded that though because I was in the middle of making cards and had to stop!!  I guess my safety is something I need to beware of huh?  If I'm not safe, I can't stamp! LOL
   Today it is like a sauna outside........took Sarah for a haircut.  She got a hair straightener yesterday and with her hair so long, it was hard to straighten.  Check out how long it was.
Here she is with it cut.  I love it and so does she.  It's much easier to straighten, wash and take care of.  But you've got to let a teenager find that out for herself ya know? LOL

I got two cards in the mail today from Mary aka #1volunteer and also from Lisa lara. 
The first card is lisa's.  She said this is not a birthday cake, it's a healing cake. Nothing heals like cake!  Isn't that the truth!  Thanks Lisa for the wonderful card.

The second card is from Mary, aka #1 volunteer.  I'm not sure you can see this  but most of the things on here have been cut out.  Can you imagine how much time and love this card took to make?  Thank you so much Mary for blessing my day today with your gorgeous card.  Thanks also for sending the assortment of images for me to color.  Can't wait to play with them.  You both have blessed my day.

I played in the inspiration challenge today and chose this dress as my inspiration.

Here's the card I made using this as imspiration. I stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white ep.  Then I used peach ink and a brayer and covered the glossy cardstock with ink.  I added the saying and brads.  pretty easy card today.

I'm hoping the weather breaks soon.  I hope to get to church tomorrow.  We'll see how I do.  Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...