Friday, July 23, 2010

PT's Done at Home and I Stamped All Day

I have had a fun day today. I have been busy using up things I purchased and they sat in a drawer. The othre day I was putting things away that Sarah borrowed and saw some things that were still sitting there so I said I had to use them before I used anything else. So here's all I've made today. Be careful it's a lot~ LOL

The first group of cards are made with the new set Aviary from Stampin' Up.  My friend Pam brought it over the other day and I got to play with it.  I stamped on white cardstock then cut things out.  I didn't make the cards when she was here.  I am using up the wasabi cardstock that I purchased  years ago which had one side that was scored so you cold fold it.  I don't remember what we were supposed to do with it, but I made cards with them.

The next group of turtles are from Whimsy Stamps.  This is the first digital stamp I've ever worked with.  I have to say that it gave me fits with smearing.  I heat set it, let it sit overnight, but both the SU watercolor markers and my Copics smeared the black ink from my printer.  Anyway I got some coloring done and made into cards.  This is just the cutest image.  It was drawn by Crissy Armstrong who is a favorite artist of mine.  She used to design for High Hopes Stampes.  She does the best whimsical animals I've ever seen.  If you think her drawing is good, you should see her coloring.  Oh my she's amazing~

I had a bunch of these laser cut cards so I ran them through the big shot with the victorian wallpaper folder then put designer paper behind the cut out and added thanks and a rhinestone in the center of each folder.  This is the holder I made for 4 cards and envys.  I used took the wasabi paper and scored and folded it at each end and tied ribbon on each end to keep it closed.  Easy peasy.
Here's my second attempt at the owl punch.  I think it's so cute.  My friend Pam Brown told me she uses the heart from this punch and punches it out yellow and attaches it to the top of the vest so it looks like a beak~  Cool huh?  That's what I did here.  I also used silver beads for their eyes.  I think their eyes give them such character.

I love the embossing folder that I used here.  It fits perfectly with the turtle.
I also used SU's chunky glitter on this card.  I like how it looks.
Here are the four cards that went into the card holder as a small gift.

I made three of these sets so I'll have some little things to give people as a thank you.  I got to drive today.  I took Sarah to the beauty supply place to get a hair straightener and a hair protection spray.  Her hair is so long when it's not curled.  She wants to get 6-7 inches cut off of it tomorrow so working with her hair is easier and won't take 30-40 minutes.
  Well, it will soon be a new day and I've got things to do besides stamping.  Believe it or not! LOL
Take care and thanks for visiting.
Bless you,



No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...