Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What a Success

Today was a very busy day.  I was getting ready to host our staff get together.  My boss thought having it at her house would be hard for people.  I bet it would have been easier than hauling all of the food and beverages to my house!  LOL
  Anyway, it was a wonderful evening of catching up with friends.  I was busy cleaning and getting things ready.  I made sure I didn't do too much.
I made this card for the sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers.
I stamped the House Mouse stamp Sweet Kiss 02 with black ink and colored it with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. The designer paper is bella bleu. I brayered white paper with baja, marina mist and not quite navy. I then added leaves to the image area and small bushes to the brayered image. I turned the sketch on its side.
I had some time to play so I could unwind and this is what I came up with. 
While working hard on making cards this summer one of my goals was to use designer paper and try to empty one folder at a time. So I was working on Bella Bleu. I stamped the berries with versamark then embossed with black embossing powder. Next I colored the image with markers. I brayered the background with blues then wiped off the image. I thought the lace looked nice with this paper.
Another card trying to use up my Bella Bleu paper. I stamped on white with versa mark then embossed with black embossing powder. I colored image with markers. I added the red ribbon and the thanks ovals. I layered the white on black then on poppy cardstock. I like the look of the lace on the black.

Well, I'm really tired from the day.  I thank God that it went so well.  Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...