Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011-We Remember the Fallen and Those Fighting and Their Families

Father, may we continually remember those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.  We have so many more who are paying a high price still and their families who miss them and pray for their safe return.  May we never take these soldiers in the Armed Forces for Granted Lord.  May you continue to protect them and comfort them in these times of lonliness, and strife.  God Bless America! Amen
It is great to have another day off but a sad day to remember those who could not be here today because of their precious choice to serve their country.  For that, I am a proud and thankful American.
  I've been busy getting cards ready to sell Father's Day at church to add funds for our Sr. High Peru Missions Trip.  The Sr. High pastor says they still don't have the funds yet so we'll be paying more for the trip than anticipated, but we will have faith that God will grow us in faith and love and provide.  He can do anything if we believe.  I'm doing my part. 
Here is a sampling of cards made and uploaded to Splitcoast.  I didn't want to upload all 20 again and bore you! LOL
This is one of the new SU sets called On The Grow.  I wasn't sure I'd like the scooter, but found it easy to color and use. I added a pearl to the headlight and the o in hello.
I got this set for this stamp.  I loved coloring it with copic markers then adding pearls.  I used my nesties to cut out the paper and image.
Isn't this chick just darling?  I found this stamp at a used stamp sale in Medina and this is the first time I used it.  I said, "Awwww" outloud when I saw it so I got it. I figured this could be used for all sorts of purposes on cards.
This is a 6-fold card which is the challenge card on Splitcoaststampers today.  I like how it turned out.  Now that I've done one, making more will be really easy.
This is a picture I took at 1:00 a.m. to show Jane, my friend that I'm not neat ALL the Time! LOL
Thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to cook out with Tim and kids.  Then we'll swim and get ready for a short week.
Bless you for stopping by, you are a blessing to me.

1 comment:

Newbie said...

I really like your BLOG and your caards!!! I would like to contact you about the cards!
IamHis55@att.net Blessings

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...