Thursday, June 23, 2011

Can't Top This-Hollos, Hobby Lobby and Panera With a Stamping Friend!

Today was a fun day with Karen-redbugdriver!  She came to visit and we went to Hollo's, Hobby Lobby and Panera Bread.  We shopped and Karen got everything at 40% off! Hobby Lobby's got a great sale going on right now!
 I didn't shop as much thinking I would have lots to look at in Dayton this weekend with Jayne.
I really enjoyed myself Karen.  Who would believe we met through Splitcoaststampers!

I am ready for a nap but will stamp some things instead. LOL  I have to do today's challenge which is NO WHITE on your card.

Here's a video by Matthew West that I found very interesting.

This is the card I made for today's ways to use it challenge on Splitcoaststamers.  The challenge was to use NO WHITE cardstock on your card.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I saw a gorgeous card by Karen Barber and had to use this set and emboss in white.  That is where the similarities end I'm afraid! Karen is an absolute artist!

Here's my inspiration for this challenge, the card made by Karen Barber. See what I mean?

Here is a brief note from the Pastor who is in charge of the 50 some teens in Peru.

(turns out our hotel doesn´t have internet like we thought or I would have updated sooner!) The Lord is absolutely with us and we are enjoying serving Him and sharing Him with these beautiful people. Thank you for your prayers, we´ll try to update again soon!

It still amazes me that 50 some teens answered the call from God to serve Him half-way around the world in a place so different from anything they've ever seen.  Thank you God.  Continue to grow them and keep them safe.  Nothing better in life than to make a difference where God has placed you......
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I love your card! Gonna have to try that challenge soon.

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...