Sunday, June 26, 2011

To Dayton and Back This Weekend

Well I'm just back from a weekend in Dayton with Jane.  Thanks Jane I had a great time.  How can you not have a great time when you shop and eat! LOL
Saturday morning we woke and went to a store called Simply Scrapbooks. We shopped here for 3 hours! They had tons of stamps to look at. They also had a large number of stamps and other items on sale 50-60% off.  I had a great time looking through the stamps.  I was looking for CUTE.  I found CUTE!
Here's a card I made with the cutest giraffe.  I colored him in copic markers and embossed the background and the square he's on.  I added the scallop square Happy Birthday.
The next card I made was a tea cup. When I saw this stamp I envisioned gold around the rim and on the lines.  I used my nestabilities to cut out the white and concord crush papers.  I also used an impressabilities plate for the background.  I got it for $2.15 and thought if I don't like it I won't be out much money.  I've only used it once so I'm not sure about it yet.  This was colored with copic markers, added bling, gold and a flower colored with copics and edged in gold with a glitter brad.



After Simply Scrapbooks we had lunch then went to Marco's Paper.  We had fun shopping there. They had so many nestabilities that Jane went crazy!  I continued to look for cute stamps.
Jane dropped me at her parent's house while she visited with her Dad who is in an apt. in a senior residence.  It is very plush from what I understand.
We then shopped at Hobby Lobby and then went out for Pizza.
Jane's niece is getting married next year so they talked about invitations that Jane would make,etc.
We then went to DQ to visit Jane's nephew who was working there. I got a small cone and had fun getting to know Meridith, Jane's niece.
What a fun day, but exhausting.  We started for home about 9:30 or so. 
After unpacking I made the two cards I've shown today.
  I also got to communicate with Sarah via Facebook Friday and today.  What a great time she's having. Today they went to a service which ended up being 3 hours.  Yikes!  It was all in Spanish too.
Sarah loves working with the kids for VBS and says they are so cute.  She's not feeling so well today so please pray for her.
I continue to have a peace and calm about her being there.
Here is a song called, "Can't Shut Up", but Anthem Lights.  See what you think of it.  I'm posting the Lyrics as well.
"Can't Shut Up"

I had a heartbeat,
I was breathing
And I kept going and going without a reason
I was living,
Just to be living
Until he really gave me life

This much I know
I am not alone
And I know I am not the only one who found a way home
It's not a secret don't have to keep it deep inside

Hey, Hey, are you there?
(We've been looking for ya)
Hey, Hey, are you there?
(We've been searching for ya)
Hey, Hey, are you there?
(if your love is your song, pass it on)
This is why we get up and sing
(We can't shut up!)
We got everything that we need
(We can't shut up!)

Love is coming now, we are free
We can't shut up about it
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

We got a problem
But I ain't calling Houston,
you and I can solve it
We gotta break the silence
We've been quiet for too long
We gotta wake up, wake up

Hey, Hey, are you there?
(We've been looking for ya)
Hey, Hey, are you there?
(We've been searching for ya)
Hey, Hey, are you there?
(let the lost and found let it out)

This is why we get up and sing
(We can't shut up!)
We got everything that we need
(We can't shut up!)
Love is coming now, we are free
We can't shut up about it
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

This is why we get up and sing
(We can't shut up!)
He's everything that we need
(We can't shut up!)
Love is coming now, we are free

We can't shut up about it
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

Out of the darkness and into the light
When blind men can see it's a beautiful sight [2x]
This is why we get up and sing

(We can't shut up!)
We got everything that we need
(We can't shut up!)
Love is coming now, we are free
We can't shut up about it
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

This is why we get up and sing
(We can't shut up!)
He's everything that we need
(We can't shut up!)
Love is coming now, we are free
We can't shut up about it
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

WE CAN'T SHUTUP! [7x]
We can't shut up about it
WE CAN'T SHUTUP!

Out of the darkness and into the light
When blind men can see it's a beautiful sight [


I hope you like this song. Happy Sunday!
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...