Monday, June 18, 2012

Tennessee Here We Come

We're on the road from Ohio to Tennessee. Seems the weather will be the same whether we're here or there, HOT. Here we have a pool and AC. There we have a hot tub and two jacuzzi's and AC. I have more cards from the virtual stamp night on SCS.
This card challenge was to make a baby card with things that move.  So, I chose animals and rattles.

The next challenge was to read the poem the Edmond Fitzgerald and make a card using the poem as inspiration.


  The line that stuck with me was, The church bell chimed 'til it rang twenty-nine times
For each man on the Edmund Fitzgerald.
This is country chapel, a Stampscapes stamp. I stamped on glossy card stock then used daubers and ink to color the image. I added brown and white twine and embossed with the wooded embossing folder.

For this challenge you had to make a reflective image.
This is my reflective image. I used the three deer from Noble deer and stamped them and colored them. I stamped on acetate and made that upside down under the deer. I tried to use papers that matched the colors in both images.
Here's my card for the map challenge. You had to use a map on your card. I printed a map of the United States then ripped it and distressed it with inks. I added it to the retired SU paper called nautical expedition. I used my label maker for the words and added rhinestones for the two cities my sister and I are in. I'm in Cleveland and she's in Milwaukee. I added a new flower from SU.

This is my card for the new technique challenge. I did the melted flower technique. I stamped the image in black then colored in copic markers. I cut out the image with the scallop oval dies from Nestabilities. I embossed the background with handwriting to mimic the stamped words. I made the flower then heat it. Not sure I want to do that again. Can't imagine what types of things came out of the ribbon when I heated it. Probably not good to breath in. Anyway, I used cherry ribbon and added a pearl in the center.
 This is my encouragement card. I stamped and colored this cute little High Hopes mouse called, Headstand Mouse using copic markers. I cut out the image with the nesties scallop ovals. I added paisley embossing folder and the encouragement is in the verse balanced on his feet.
Here's food for thought for the day.
Blessings from the day: On vacation
Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...