Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day a Day of Mixed Feelings

Today is a hard day for me since I lost my dad to cancer 28 years ago. He was a vibrant, hard working, funny dad, who never lived long enough to see his grandchildren. That makes me so sad that my kids never got to meet him or experience his sense of humor or his hugs and kisses. Dad I miss you so much. I miss Sunday breakfasts with just you and me. I miss talks at the lake. I miss coaching for my job. I miss your words of affirmation and your hugs and kisses to tell me it's all right. You are with God and someday we will be together again. I love you DAD.

I also want to thank God for giving me Tim for a husband and Father to the kids.  As usual, God knew exactly what I needed.  Happy Father's Day Tim!
Along with Father's Day I wanted to share this.  I so pray that we are teaching both kids just this. God hear our prayer.
I played virtual stamp night challenges on Splitcoaststampers Friday and Saturday.  Here are some of the cards. The theme of the evening was Journey.  This card was as a result of picking a song from the band Journey.  I used the song, Anyway You Want It, and came up with a banana split.  I've not had one in years.
This card's challenge was to use a suitcase or purse in your card.  I had this cool stamp which looks like a passport stamped.  I downloaded a picture of the suitcase, then embossed it with clear embossing powder and added words.
This card's challenge was to transport yourself to another time.  I love the lace of the Victorian Era, so here's my Victorian beauty. She is colored lightly to look like an old photo which was colorized.
This challenge was to stamp a form of transportation.  I've always wanted to fly in a hot air balloon, so that's what I made.  The sky and ground are sponged.
The challenge for this card was to remember a journey you took that you'll never forget.  This is last years vacation in North Carolina, in a house on the beach at Thanksgiving.  Nothing better!
This challenge was to remake an old card.  Oh my gosh, what an awful thing to have to go back to cards posted that were 6 years old and pick something to improve upon.  I had lots to choose from.  Yikes, I compared them to now, and I think I'd better start removing my earlier cards from SCS.
I have to get going and make a list of all the things I'm taking on vacation.  We're going to Gattlinburg, Tennessee and leaving at 6 a.m. in the morning.  It's a safe bet that Tim will take the first shift at driving.  Ben will be sleeping.

Blessing for today: My Father In Law is thriving on life.  The kids just came back from spending a few days with him.  They are so good for him. So thankful that they initiate a sleep over there.
 

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....