Monday, June 25, 2012

Where Has The Day Gone?

Whew, it's been a whirlwind kind of day.  I got up early for fasting blood work, had to drop off the van to be repaired, had to order prescriptions and one for my dentist appt.  I have to have an antibiotic an hour before I have my teeth cleaned since I've had hip replacement surgeries.  I guess there's always the chance that bacteria and infection could affect the hips.  My Dr. takes no chances which is good.
  I had to go to the bank and deposit some checks, pick up my prescriptions, then get back home to take my antibiotic and go to the dentist.  When I got home from the dentist it was time to make dinner for Tim and I.  After dinner I helped cut the grass.  I'm ready for a nap.
  I did have a chance to make a card today for the new technique challenge on SCS.  It was to make a silhouette card.  Here is that card. This is Stampin' Up's poppy background stamp which I cut down to make a smaller card.  I colored it with Copic markers.


Yesterday I did have a chance to make a card for the featured stamper.  Here's my card for that challenge.
I love Poppy stamps because it reminds me of the oriental poppies my mom grew.  They were reddish orange.  I love finding pieces parts that need to be used.  This is a card where I used a cut out piece of poppy card stock as a frame for my poppy.  The yellow card stock had already had the cross-hatches on it so I combined the two.  This was colored with Copic Markers as well.
This pictures made me laugh out loud.  I don't know why the cupcakes were made but they are just darling and are so close to how the dog looks.  What a fantastic job this cake baker did!  What a talent.
I came across this online.  I thought it was fantastic.  I'm on summer vacation and I'm trying to get some things done around here as well as organize my stamping, make a few stamping videos and read some things.  I've told myself to have a few things that have to get done each day before taking a spot in the stamping room.
I love this reminder from Matthew 11:28.  I'm feeling like this right now so I'm going to spend some time with God.  I usually do that in the morning when I work, but haven't found a consistent time now that I'm not working for the summer.
Ben and Sarah are in Tennessee with their Youth Group for a Retreat for this week.  It's kind of nice to be here with just Tim.  We're trying to get some quality time without kids while being at home.
What are some ways you get quality time with your someone special?

We've always felt it was important to spend 'couple' time and keep our marriage strong for our kids and family.  We tell each other that we're all we have after kids move on with their lives.  We don't want to be strangers when that time comes.
  
We're having a lunch date Wednesday.  I can't wait.

I have to tell you that the rental I got was a 2013 Ford Explorer!  It's better than the van we have.  It's truly amazing with all of the things it has.  I have to see if it's one that parks itself! LOL  It does have rear screen backing up with an alarm if you're too close to something or if something is too close to you.  It also has satellite radio.
I've got to go through the book a bit more so I can take advantage of what it has to offer before I have to turn it back in Friday.  I'm hoping they don't get the van done by then so I can have it for the weekend when the kids get back.
I have to hop up a bit to get into this thing! LOL
Here's a beautiful song with beautiful pictures to go with it.  This is the first I've seen it.  Hope you enjoy it.
Blessing for the Day:Kids got to Gatlinburg with Youth Group safely.  Only 3 flat tires in their fleet of vehicles......all are safe.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

I laughed out loud about you wanting to keep the Explorer for the weekend. Tune into channel 63, The Message.

Before kids, Randy and I enjoyed dinner and a movie. I called a sitter a few days ago, but we're playing phone tag. We should definitely schedule a date night before I go to Convention.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...