Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Teacher's Work Is Never Done-Hi Hope

Today I began the day having breakfast out on the screened in porch....Thanks Fred Jr. It is my favorite room in the house during the nicer months. The little fountain was filled and plugged in last night so I can hear that sound along with the birds which is so saweet to sit and listen to.

I got to play in the challenge today which was the color challenge.  The colors were pool party, and Indigo and white.  Here's my card.  This is also a card for the teapot challenge which is to make something with water in the scene.

I sponged water in pool party using ripped paper to sponge. Then I used my layered flower punch to sponge in the clouds in the sky. next I punched out a branch from and ek punch and used the negative piece and sponged the seaweed into the water with indigo. Then I added pool party ribbon to add a rippling effect in the water. I stamped a saying from a new SU set called Trust God. Lastly I added a butterfly from Thanks for Caring then added small rhinestones to it.


Actually did some things around here that weren't stamping! LOL  I vacuumed the screened in porch area. I cleaned the things out there and hooked up the water fountain.  I got this half price at the end of summer several years ago and it's been just the right thing for that corner of the porch.
This week Tim and I are without kids.  We're enjoying it more than we thought we would.  We're cooking together and cleaning up together and there's so little stress here.  We have good kids, but the more people you add to a household the more stress there is.  I think God is giving us little peeks at what it will be like when we're empty nesters.  That won't be for a while so I'll just continue to enjoy our staycation for now.
Thanks for checking things out today.
Blessing for today:Got quiet time and the soothing sound of the fountain to reduce stress.
Blessings to you,
 

1 comment:

Hope said...

Glad to see you are "unstressing" ... but I have to wonder how much stress a teacher on summer vacation could have??? Oh yea, I imagine it would be stressful to decide how to spend all those days without having to go to work! Or what to have for dinner?? Or which SCS challenge to participate in??? Oh how taxing that would be!!! I'm glad you have the great screened in porch and fountain to keep you sane in these oh so trying and hectic days of SUMMER VACATION!!!

Hee hee! You know I'm kidding. Any teacher earns that summer vacation. Special Ed teachers more so. It takes a special person to be a teacher. I could never do that job. For as much as I love kids, I don't think I could spend nine months with a room full of them. Enjoy your well deserved and stress free vacation!!!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...