Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lunch With My Sweetie

Today started out badly for Tim.  Poor guy, on the way to work at 6:00 a.m. he got a flat tire.  The tire was fine while he sat at a traffic light.  As soon as he started up, it went flat............He said even the dealer said it looked like a poorly made tire, but it isn't part of the warranty.  So Tim took it to the garage near work.  They said it wasn't able to be fixed, he'd have to have a new one...........great, he's had his car a month and needs a new tire.  I'm sure Firestone would give us a very hard time trying to get our money.  We'll see.

Today was a lunch date with Tim.  He works in downtown Berea which is a cute, quaint college town.  We like to go to a great sandwich shop run by college kids and frequented by people of all ages.  You can hear topics such as politics, family updates, women's shopping finds, and one lady today was knitting what looked to be a multi-colored sock! LOL



Today I got to play in the sketch challenge on splitcoaststampers.  Here's the sketch and  my card.
I put the words at the bottom instead of the top.
  I embossed the watering can image from Our Daily Bread, then cut it with the die. Then I put the watering can on the scallop circle, which is edged in red with a dauber. The background paper is Summer Smooches by SU.
I am now going through my SU Holiday catalog and trying to decide what to order for my Open House, July 7th.  We can order beginning July 1st.  Lots of fun things coming from SU.  I keep telling myself I have to be sensible about my purchases......do any of you go through this?  I make a list, check it twice, then make another list.......I think I'm ready to input my order, I just have to wait until Sunday!

Looking at some new furniture for my stamping room.  Looking for armoires which sure vary in price.  I looked online at big box stores and on Craig's List.  We'll see what I can afford.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessing for today:Lunch with Tim.

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Sorry about Tim's flat tire. Wouldn't think that would happen. ... I am working on my Holiday mini list, too! I should only buy what I have time to use, LOL!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...