Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ben's Home

Today ended well with Ben coming home. He is on a powerful antibiotic for his shingles, and is tired, but doing much better. Hopefully with some TLC and lots of rest he will continue to get better each day.

 I was so tired once we got him settled, that I took a long nap. After dinner I took another nap. I was exhausted from all of the stress and driving of the week.

 I made a few cards and here they are:

Here's my card for today's color challenge of cherry, gumball green and vanilla. I took dessert and made this a Christmas card. I embossed the cherry with one of Jane's beautiful embossing folders. Then I cut the flower using SU's flower dies. Next I used the holly and berries embossing folder on the flower. Next I colored the ornament with markers. I used silver painty and colored the top of the ornament and punched a tiny hole to add the hook which I made out of thin wire. I colored the words with markers and edged with a sponge. All are mounted on dimensionals


Cathy challenged us to use something from the beach. I used a scallop oval and used the brayer to form a sunset at the beach scene. I added sun setting with a reflection in the water. The sand is there and upside down in the sand is the forgotten shovel. The stamp set is an old one from Joann.com





Here's a Matthew West song that deals with not being strong enough on our own.
It's called Strong Enough
Having Faith grow is what I'm working on. This picture is a great reminder.



Thank you to all who have said prayers for Ben and the family.  I'm truly humbled by the kindness shown to our family.  God is amazing and brings us through
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,


 

2 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Praying for Ben all the way from SLC!

PBrown9624 said...

Glad to hear he's on the mend! We can reschedule our crafting date if need be. I would totally understand. Get some rest!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...