Saturday, July 21, 2012

What a Beautiful Day

Sarah and I began the day at 8:30 with grocery shopping. When Sarah complained that it was too early to be up I told her I knew what she meant but Saturday was like any other day when you're on summer vacation. So she can sleep in another day! LOL

Ben is still very tired.  He is beginning to remember how I felt after my hip surgery, I'd walk up the stairs and say I needed a nap!  He comes down for dinner, eats, then needs a nap!

He's doing little things around here , but nothing too strenuous.   Last night I had ladies over to stamp.  Here's the note card box we made.  Jan and I worked to make an acetate lid for it.  what a difference it makes to put a lid on the box.  Looks like store bought.
This was a tutorial Beate made for SCS this week.  It's a fun little box that can be adapted in different ways. Beate made one without a lid.  You could make a lid that went on the outside of the box or inside like Jan suggested.

Here's another card I made for Inspiration challenge today on SCS.  

  I used Tea Shoppe tea cup and stamped midnight muse on bliss blue a retired SU color and backed it with navy paper. Cheerful Treat is the background designer paper. I added a flower with a rhinestone, mambo ribbon and the words with the modern label punch.
Here was my inspiration.
http://www.relique.com/vintage-keaps...s-bottle-2166/
Here is a card my friend Jan made today and I think it's just beautiful.  I've got to take this set out and play with it.
I saw these when I was reading today. This goes out to all of my single friends out there.
Here's a song by Phil Wickham called Divine Love
Sarah and I had fun in the pool playing volleyball.  My hip is so sore, but it was so much fun playing and laughing.  We got Ben outside on the deck for a while.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...