Sunday, July 22, 2012

Busy Day and HOT

Today was a very busy day.  We went to church and before the service began, I met Sarah's friend Hanna's mom.  Hannah's mom is an interpreter for the deaf.  Our 10:30 service is translated for the deaf.  Hannah's mom is one of the interpreters.  Anyway she wanted to meet me since Hannah's staying with us for a few days.  We began to talk and found out she is an interpreter for kids in the Berea schools.  She felt a connection when she heard that I teach special needs kids in Parma.

We came home and after lunch I took Ben for a well-needed haircut.  I've learned you don't nag, you just let it go until he can't stand it anymore. LOL (or his hair curls too much!)

When I got home I found out Hannah is a vegetarian so Tim and I went out for foods for Hannah to eat.
I was so sore when we got home that I needed an ice pack for my hip.

I did get to make some cards today.  These two cards were to honor the Queen of the week, Ina.  She had a very pretty card found here:
This card was for this week's featured stamper.
Here's the card I took from Sophie's gallery and changed.

I noticed she had lots of penny black images and I especially love the hedgehogs. So I colored this hedgehog and cut out with nestabilities. I used a different shape nesties, different colors of paper and embossed card base instead of stamping it.
What a fun gallery. I had a hard time making a decision on what I wanted to do. I saw poppies, hedgehogs and mice. I used a dauber with crumb cake ink around the image edges.

I saw this while reading Face Book.  God isn't evil, he's good.  God allowed Adam and Eve to choose.  Unfortunately they chose evil and it's spread in all directions since then.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs from Fireproof.  You Belong To Me-This works for couples as well as God saying this to those who have turned their life over to Him.


Thanks for stopping by today.
Bless you.
Blessing for the day:Ben got outside and played whiffle ball with Sarah and Hannah.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...