Monday, October 1, 2012

I'm Going Pink and Praying For Those Who Are Fighting

Today I had time to do the woven background challenge from SCS. Here is my woven background done with Orchard Harvest designer paper. I used the framelits labels collection die. I used mustard cardstock for the jar and background. I embossed the label with the SU Lacy Brocade so it would look like a quilt. I used the chevron embossing folder on the more mustard cardstock. I used the cherry baker's twine in the lid. Dimensionals were used under the jar. This is such a cool way to use up scraps.
I had a good day at work, with the exception being a mom that we met with Thursday, brought 2 1/2 pages of complaints and information she needed from us about every aspect of her son's day.  She brought dr. reports and handed them out at the meeting and wanted to discuss them.  She had so much to discuss we had to schedule another date to meet.  She's going around trying to get people like the nurse to put things in writing, which the nurse refused to do.  We heard that she's also trying to get a parent advocate from the state to come to her next meeting.  I'm not sure if she's really that messed up or what the deal is.  Apparently we're supposed to have things exactly the way they were last year in pre-school.  It's sad that she can't trust us to do our jobs.  I am praying that God fights this battle for me and that she will see what He wants her to see.
It's not like we've shown we're incompetent, ya know?

 I saw this on FB tonight and laughed out loud.  I had to post this!  158 days left of school! LOL
Blessing of the Day:I called on God today to battle this parent who is intent on winning some kind of war with us.  Ya know when I heard this I got a knot in my stomach and right then called on God to fight this battle for me.  God is good, all the time!

Please continue to pray for Judi, she is battling breast cancer right now.  She's the sweetest teacher of 2nd graders at our school.

Here's one of my current Tenth Aven North songs called appropriately, The Struggle.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...