Saturday, November 17, 2012

Only 3 Days, Really?

It seems like forever ago that I posted but it's been a very busy week. It was only 3 days but it seems like forever!
Ladies Latte Monday
Couples Bible study Tuesday
Shopping and Getting Sarah to church Wednesday
Parent Conferences Thursday (A 12 hour day)
Stampin' Up Stamping Night at my house Friday
Help with Groceries and Shopping with kids for clothes (Saturday)

Ready for some down time.  I did get some cards made and posted on Splitcoaststampers.
 This is a matchbook snack holder.  Isn't it cute?  I used SU designer paper a MS border punch, the SU bird punch, the wide oval punch, mustard ribbon, and small cello bags from SU.  We made these for my SU stamping night.
 Look at the beautiful card I got from Rose, Hope's sister. (You know Hope, she's the one I tease whenever we get a day off.  Speaking of a day off, we have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off next week Hope! teehee :)
My family was in a fun mood last week.  This board is our shopping list but Hubby turned it into something fun with his drawing of the man jumping up and down and the lawnmower to let kids know they'd be doing the lawn Saturday.  Then I added, It's Friday....., Then Sarah, yes, Sweet Sarah added the words about our neighbor's cat......Our neighbor's cat comes into our yard and tries to get the birds near our bird feeders.  He got the chipmunk :(
  So we dream of getting him with the lawnmower or the car.
Can't wait until this day. We're doing a study of Revelations and the 4 common thoughts on it.  It is a study not meant to tell you which is right because we don't know which is right.  One thing is for sure, there will not be a doubt when Jesus returns.
I have to warn you that I cried when I saw this video, A Parent's Love.  It sure made me think about my father-in-law and how lonely he must be without mom around. How we need to make sure that we visit him regularly and listen to his wonderful stories and ask him questions about his past so we can really learn who he is.

 We are coming up on the first Thanksgiving and Christmas without her.  I pray that he will feel loved by his family in spite of his loss of the love of his life for 50 some years.


Blessing of the Day:I had an afternoon of rest which I desperately needed. No running around just doing what I needed to do.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

That was a very touching video. Thanks for sharing! I need to call my parents today.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...