Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Long Day But a Very Good Day

I am so tired tonight as I type this.  I decided to get up at 6:30 because I woke up, and make a card.  I knew it was going to be a  very busy day at church so that's what I did.  I'm now paying for it.  I can hardly keep my eyes open! LOl

At church I went to a meeting for a new ministry called Congregational Care.  It was exciting since Card Ministry will link with this ministry to make sure people who do home, hospital or nursing home visits has a card to take with them.  I will also be writing and sending cards to people who are home bound. (I sure like that name better than shut-ins.)

I'm excited to see where God takes this ministry. I've been praying that God would open up my eyes to what he has for me after I retire.  Could this be it?  I'm going to see where God guides this.

Here's the card I made.  This was for the featured stamper on SCS. I borrowed these stamps from Jane.  I make several a year usually to sell at the church craft fair, but I didn't get that far this year.  I only had one or two.
 I saw this a week ago and wanted to remember to add this to my post.  What a beautiful photo and saying. I also thank God for sending me the children he did.  It's the hardest but most rewarding job I have.
 Max Lucado is a wonderful pastor and author. I'm praying to make a difference in the lives around me.
 Last night Ben had some friends over.  His friend has blonde hair and Ben of course has brown hair.  They asked Sarah to show them how to alter photos. She did a great job with this one.  Ben was trying to convince some people he'd colored his hair to blonde.  They believed it and were relieved this morning at church when he showed up his usual brown-haired self!  Kids........
Blessing of the Day:Ministry opportunities and Tim sold fish and got several hundred dollars today.  He also bought fish so he didn't make that much profit.  He did however get a few very rare fish that he's never seen anywhere but a magazine.  He said he's wanted these for so long that if they were the last fish he bought, he'd be happy.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...