Sunday, December 16, 2012

58 Degrees in Cleveland on December 16th?

     Who would believe I'd be able to sit out on our screened in porch today with a cup of coffee? It was so warm we didn't need jackets for church either. What a beautiful day God gave us. It's hard to believe it's 9 days until Christmas with such warm weather. I finally can post the cards we made for Card Ministry Friday.
Here are the baby cards we made out of punches. The scallop circle and the 3/4" circle punch for the ears and nose.


 This is a new stamp for me from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I like that you can now buy stamps individually without the words.  I stamped in midnight muse, layered with razzleberry and put it on a mustard card base.  The embossing folder is a Tim Holtz.
 I loved the tree from this SU set and was glad to see I could buy it separately.  It will make many great manly cards, not just Christmas cards.
I saw this and loved it because so many people I know have family issues especially around the holidays.  I told friends Wednesday evening I was going to one of their homes for Christmas because I knew I'd have a good time.  No family issues ya know!
I laughed out loud when I saw this.  This is what I remember when we'd walk through the mall at this time of year.  Kids who had to be on Santa's lap because mom wanted a picture............Well, mom got a picture! LOL

We just got back from a fun evening with friends from our marriage class.  Four couples got together and had a great time.  We played a card game, talked and ate.  It was a pot luck and everyone brought something.  I'm so thankful that we were able to do this.  It sounds like people want to continue to do this so we'll see these people every few months.

I found this link yesterday and just laughed and laughed at it. I needed this with all the sadness from Friday.

I also found this link to one of these fun Christmas Lights put to music.

I pray that this nation will soon invite God back into schools and their lives so that we can see a change  in how things are here.

Blessing of the day:Meeting with friends for dinner and games.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

LOL at the Santa picture! Too funny. Love the cards. Those little punched animal faces are adorable and so clever!

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...