Saturday, December 8, 2012

Finally Got Out Of My Card Making Slump

Wow, it seemed to last forever, being in a card making slump. I'm thankful that God has enabled me again to stamp and created cards, do challenges and feel good about it all. Today was a bit depressing from the weather to a memorial service and back home again where it was dark due to the rain and dark skies.

I went to a memorial service for a friend who was 58 and died of cancer.  Her parents made the arrangements and had her memorial at their not her church.  It was a Presbyterian church with the organ and all.  I felt that the service wasn't very personal at all.  The preacher didn't  give any information about Karen. Many times they will make reference to times they've visited or stories family has told, etc.  This wasn't like that at all.  There were references to Heaven, but not a relationship with Jesus, which is what Karen had.  There was no celebration of her life here or in Heaven.  It was depressing............I know she's in God's arms and at peace.  No more pain, or suffering.  Thank you Lord for walking Karen home to Heaven.  This is Laura Story's song called Blessings.  I thought it was the perfect song for today and how I'm feeling.



I was able to post some cards so I'll share them with you. This first card you were challenged to make a springtime card.
Here's my card for Springtime. I love Irises and these were fun to color. This is an old stamp by PSX. I colored with Copic markers, then cut with SU window frames framelits. I edged by sponging amethyst ink. I so miss this color from SU's collection. I added this to the daffodil background that was embossed with SU's Lacy Brocade folder.
 Here's my card for today's challenge. I found these stockings which inspired me to make my card.
I love the silver paper with these stockings. I used a different embossing folder for the stockings and the top note piece.
 I had fun looking through Pam's gallery. I chose this card as my inspiration.
I changed the ornaments to stockings, embossed the background and added my candy cane ribbon behind the stockings. I also added little jingle bells.
Our challenge was to make a card with things we love like from the Sound of Music. I have to say I love the movie The Sound of Music. I need to get that and watch it again sometime over Christmas vacation. My card shows the favorite things heat embossing, lace, ribbon, sponging and bling. What a fun challenge. I also love coloring with Copic markers, but that will have to wait for another card. LOL
  Here's a cute card that my friend Jane made. She said she saw this somewhere on the net but didn't remember where. I think it's adorable!
So am I the LAST one to know about the site spotify?  It is so great to be able to pick songs to play then add them to a playlist and listen commercial free!  Thanks Ben for that suggestion.

Ben was our tech guy tonight.  He helped Sarah and I get set up with Google Calendar so we can put events on our own calendars and they will be added to each other's calendars.  Love it.  Tomorrow we'll get Tim hooked up with it.

Blessing of the Day:I was able to say goodbye to a friend at her memorial service.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
Blessings,

 

2 comments:

Audrey Hiltke said...

Sue - these are amazing! I'm so glad you're out of your creative slump - I know the feeling and can relate!! Blessings

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Once you get busy, you really get busy! Super cards, all of them. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I favor the services that celebrate the person's life and bring a smile to the bereaved.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...