Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What a Day!

I have to say that even though my morning began at 5:30 a.m. I was so happy throughout the day. Tim's dad showed up at 7:40. I got up early to make coffee cake which took 40 minutes in the oven.

Tim came down and took over getting ready the bacon and french toast. Grandpa loves french toast so Tim wanted to make it for him. I got showered and dressed just in a nick of time. As I came down, Dad came in. :)

He loved his breakfast and sharing time with us. He kept saying how it had been a long time since he'd had a Christmas morning with kids. He loved getting presents from Santa too! We knew he might get upset that we got him something and he didn't get us something. He's not a shopper, we knew that.

This is is first Christmas without mom so everything was different. He laughed that Santa would get him presents. I must say he liked the things we got him. He truly enjoyed himself and I was thrilled to see him so happy. When he's that happy it makes me so happy as well. It made my whole day so wonderful. He had to leave at 12:30 to go home to get ready to go out with Tim's brother to another meal. Dad will probably collapse tonight very full and very happy. We sent him home with goodies too.

After Dad left we watched, Elf. We hadn't seen it yet so it was a fun way to spend family time.

When things quieted down I got to work in my stamping room.  It's been so long since I made a card that wasn't a Christmas card ya know?

Here's a card I made today.  

 
Here's my second card using the great window die cut from Our Daily Bread Designs. The background paper and the curtains are from SU Paper pack Print Poetry. The scene in the window is a single stamp from ODBD called, The Sea. It was colored on the stamp with markers then stamped and cut out to fit the window. the sky was sponged. The text is from Steve Fadie's Words to the Rescue set called Sympathy.

Here's a picture of our family room with the fire going.  Tim and I went out to eat then came home and put a fire in the fireplace.  It was wonderful to sit there and chat.

 Here's the beautiful card from Hope. You know "The Hope" I always talk about! LOL  I love it Hope!
 Here's our cat Annabelle whom has gotten very comfortable walking on furniture in Sarah's room.  She knows there are treats in a cabinet in Sarah's desk so she sits there and waits for Sarah to feed her.  This has developed into a problem downstairs because this morning when I came down to make coffee cake, Annabelle was curled up on Sarah's placemat with not a care in the world until I yelled at her!
 This is Tim's plant in his office.  He waters this plant with water from his fish tank.  Look how long it is.  He has it trailing along the wall with those little clips that easily can be pulled off the wall.







Isn't that amazing!
Well, it's time for another family movie, The Polar Express. So, until tomorrow....good night.
We're supposed to get hit with a nasty blizzard tomorrow around noon.  Prayers needed that we all stay safe.
Blessing of the Day: Dad spending Christmas morning with us.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...