Monday, January 21, 2013

Work and Play, That's Been My Day

What a great day filled with a balance of work and playing. I made a few cards which were fun to make.  For today's challenge we had to use die cuts as the main part of our card.  I just found this cute umbrella die at Archivers and used Stampin' Up's cute Sunshine and Sprinkles designer paper with it. It just seemed perfect.  I used the Chevron embossing folder which seemed to look like lightning.
This second card is for today's challenge on SCS as well.  I used the new Honeycomb embossing folder and cut out small hexagons to fit into the openings. They looked like little raindrops to me.
I also stamped the umbrella on the designer paper and cut out the two panels and added them to the umbrella.
This is a card for Tuesday's color challenge.  The colors were pool party, calypsso, and soft suede. The dessert option was to make a valentine's day card with these non-traditional colors.
Isn't this little one just a cutie? We all need a reminder every now and then about prayers don't we?
Here's a great song by Matthew West called, The Healing Has Begun.  I think we can all relate to this.
Blessing of the Day: I got things around here done as well as reading, and walking for 30 minutes!
Thanks for stopping by. It's going to be a cold one tomorrow!
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...