Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Our Sweet Sam Is Gone-It's a Sad Day

Our Sweet Cat named Sam had to be put down today.  It was the hardest thing Tim has ever had to do.  This was HIS cat who spent lots of time watching tv with Tim and sitting by his side.  I felt so badly for Tim as he left the house this morning knowing what was ahead for Sam.  That's what happens when pets get older.  We'll get through this, but it will take a long time. :( 

Here's a cute video of what Sam did when I'd turn my back and work on the computer.
Here's the basket I wrapped for our staff to donate to the School District for a fundraiser.  Each building is asked to donate a basket.  Ours is called Date Night.  We have several restaurant cards, Malley's candy and two different theater gift cards.  The container is filled with popcorn, candy and all sorts of sweets.  Someone is in for a real treat when they win this basket!
Here's a card I made for today's color challenge on SCS.  I love the masculine look of this card.  The colors we were to use for the color challenge were celery, soft suede and choc chip.   I stamped in chocolate chip, then cut it out with the scallop oval nestie. Then I used a dauber to sponge crumb cake on the ferris wheel leaving the oval die on it. I used choc chip behind the ferris wheel. I took choc chip ink and ran it down the front of the card to give a bit of a wood look. I used the SU stripes folder (my dessert) first then added the choc chip ink. I added a bit of twine and a small sentiment which was muddied up a bit and I added a brad. Thanks for looking.

Tim and I went to Arhaus Saturday just to see what we could see.  Here's a huge couch that Tim wanted me to sit on since he knew my feet wouldn't come any where near the floor!  It was funny.

 Here is my sweet Sarah Annie with two of her friends on their youth group retreat this past weekend.  Beautiful girls inside and out.  Thank you Jesus for surrounding Sarah with Godly women like this.
Here's a song from Tenth Avenue North called Worn.  It kind of describes me at this point.  Going to get some sleep.

Blessing from today:We all made it through the day in spite of the heartache we feel.
Thank you for stopping by today.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry about Sam. I know all too well that feeling of heartache. Thank you, as always, for sharing your photos and thoughts. It's like a little snapshot of your life. Your daughter and her friends are beautiful and they do look like nice girls. I can't believe how big that couch is! It's like a couch for giants!

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...