Monday, March 25, 2013

SNOW DAY!!!!! WOOT-WOOT!

Who would have guessed that on March 25th we'd have so much snow that we'd have a snow day?  Really!  I was shocked when I got a phone call this morning.  I asked her to repeat what she said.  I heard it right then went back to sleep after turning my alarm off.
  Now we only have 3 more days until our Easter Break.  I don't call it Spring Break, cuz there is no sign of spring in NE Ohio. LOL

Here are some cards I finished up today and posted on SCS, FB and Pinterest.  Here is a set of cards I made for Easter. I played around with different layouts and designs. This card is the darling baby bunny by PSX embossed with SU brown embossing powder. This was mounted on indigo with dimensionals. I used the vine street embossing folder because in orange, they kind of look like carrots. I used my Sweet N Sassy grass and fence in front of the bunny. and Stamped Happy Easter using Our Daily Bread text from I Am The Way.
 
 This card is the darling baby bunny by PSX embossed with SU brown embossing powder. This was mounted on indigo with dimensionals. I used the honeycomb embossing folder and tangerine ribbon. I added Happy Easter from Our Daily Bread Stamps with dimensionals.
 This was mounted on indigo with dimensionals. The edges were sponged with pool party ink using a dauber. I used pool party ribbon and the dotted swiss embossing folder.
 This was mounted on indigo with dimensionals. I used the grass and fence left over from another card and added indigo ribbon. The embossing is Lacy Doily, The Easter greeting was cut out with an oval framelit then I cut the ends.

I made this for today's TLC challenge which was to make a monochromatic card. I used the Darice Tulip folder and colored the tulips that were indented with mambo ink. I added So Sorry in mambo ink as well. I then added a fence using the Sweet N Sassy fence.

 Here's my card to honor Jennifer. I used this card of hers as my inspiration. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=96175
I used versamark and white embossing powder for the flowers. I colored the flowers with mambo, raspberry ripple, limeade and soft suede markers. I heat set it a second time so the marker didn't transfer to my fingers then to the paper as I colored. I cut out the oval with the SU oval framelits. I used my dotted swiss embossing folder, then added raspberry ripple ribbon and a pop top. The words are Inky Antics from the set called, Simple Sentiments. Congrats Jennifer, enjoy your week.
 Here's my card to two challenges this morning. I got a snow day so I get to participate early! The line stamp I used was Dandelion by Hero Arts with raspberry ripple and primrose petals inks. The paper is primrose and raspberry ripple. I used my scallop rectangle nestie and added rhinestones. The lace edge is SU's sticky paper lace that I cut in half. I used the damask embossing folder from Darice. The edges of the image and text are sponged with raspberry ripple and a dauber.
 This card is the darling baby bunny by PSX stamped off once then stamped with soft suede. I sponged the border with indigo and added a soft dandelion by Hero Arts and Easter blessings in indigo by Flourishes. I used the top note for the background and two pieces of paper made into banners. These were scraps from another project.
I saw this cute idea on Pinterest.  It's a mixture of popcorn, white chocolate, Chex cereal, m&m's and little candies.
Isn't this the most beautiful picture you've seen?  I found it today.  A gal used it on a card that she made.  What a wonderful image.
 This is a clever gift that I wanted to pass on.  It's manicure in a jar.  Look at all the things she got into a jelly jar! I love this!  I'm hoping to make a few for gifts.

 Britt Nicole gives encouragement to all of us who feel down now and then.  She reminds us we're worth more than GOLD!
Take a listen..................and believe!

Blessing of the day: A snow day for me!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
  

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Sweet cards! I love that bunny and your pretty florals, especially the embossed flowers in the frame. So lovely. Would love a snow day if it meant a day off work to play in it!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...