Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday 2013

Today is the first day of our Spring break.  I love this time of year. Flowers are beginning to grow, it's warming up outside and we always have a hyacinth in the house smelling beautifully!

Today was a day filled with errands.  Not my kind of day.  Got up early to get to the grocery store by 8:15.  By 9:00 that place will be crazy busy, so early is better.  Put groceries away and got some coffee and quiet time.

I finished writing out Easter Cards, then went out to mail them.
Back home to make a card and clean up my stamping area.  Out again to take Ben to work.  Tim came home from work early so we dropped a car off for Ben.  After dinner I dropped Sarah at a friend's house then headed to church.  I couldn't believe how crowded it was.  Who goes to Good Friday Service?  Apparently everyone!!!  It was so crowded they had a police officer directing traffic.  I left after not finding a place to part on the main level.  I was not about to go down to the lower level and walk all that way to service only to find that there wasn't a seat.  I came home very upset.

Tim felt badly for me and told me he'd drive me to church and let me off at the door an hour early if I want for the next service tomorrow.  Not sure I want to do that.  We'll see.......

Here are some things I've made recently.  This is from a retired set from Stampin' Up that I'll never part with.  I love, love, love lilacs and this was a color challenge for Splitcoaststampers.
 This was for today's challenge to make a card with your favorite candy.  I love spice jelly beans, especially Malley's.
 This card was made to recognize Val as queen for the day.

 I loved her card here. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...;name=greywolf
I changed the image, greeting and embossing folder.
On this card I used a dauber to color the front of the card.

 I loved the first so much I tried it without sponging the front.  I like this too.
                                         
This card was made to honor this week's queen for the day to honor Sharon. Here's my inspiration for my card. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...;ppuser=228885
 I loved the colors she used, especially the concord for the stems. I used amethyst paper and ink for the background paper, the edges, the butterflies and flowers. The lacy brocade embossing folder was also used. I used my MS butterfly punch with a rhinestone in each. I used the SU oval framelits and Nesties label 11.

I saw this posted on FB and loved it.  I don't remember seeing an Easter with the rascals but loved their movies.  I watched them as kids and also as an adult. 

Check this out! I can't believe what I saw on this video. It's truly amazing.  This young man has his own business!  As part of his business, he gives out hugs!


What an amazing world we live in.  Would love to put visiting this place on my bucket list!
Blessing of the Day:Sunshine and temps in lower 50's.  I sat out on my screened in porch for coffee with Tim.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings, 
 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...