Thursday, May 16, 2013

Playing With Clay

Tonight my dear friend, Val came over to peruse the new catalog.  We've done this for years. She was my upline 8 years ago and we'd always sit down when we got a new catty and oooh and ahhhh through it.  It's not the same when I do it myself.
   Here's a card I made for two challenges on SCS.  I used the new clay from SU.

Here's my card for the sketch challenge from Wednesday and WT427 from today. I was experimenting with the new SU clay and wondered if it would cut with framelit and emboss in an embossing folder. Well, it worked well! I cut it out and left it in the framelit then embossed it. I left it in the folder and put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to make it stiff. Then I took it out and it popped right out of the folder and the framelit. The swirled lines behind it were embossed and then I used a brayer with brown sugar and coastal cabana inks. My flowers were added using Bordering on Romance in versamark then embossed in clear embossing powder. I used the Adorning Accents edgelits and embossing folder. The edges were sponged with a dauber.


Can't wait to try more with the clay.  It comes out May 31st, in the new catalog.
Blessing of the Day:Visit with Val
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...