Sunday, July 7, 2013

Grace-Thank God For It

I saw this on FB the other day and loved it.  I'm going to work on giving and being thankful for Grace from God and others.
Working on eating healthy again and staying away from sugars.  So far 1 1/2 pounds down. :)
 When I saw this lady I had to have her!  She made me laugh.  I got the words to go with her as well.  I paper pieced her top and umbrella.  This was for the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  Not sure what sentiment I'll put inside but love the outside.
 These cards were for the Saturday Inspiration Challenge on SCS.  I used this as my inspiration.
I loved this little guy when I saw him. He's a Penny Black Stamp called, Like it or Not!(1745K) I had fun coming up with saying for him. I stamped in memento tuxedo black ink then colored with Copic markers. I used pretty in pink for the background and embossed with the honeycomb folder. I added black ribbon and the new clips from Stampin' Up.
 Here's another card I made for today's challenge. My inspiration came from the flower background in this picture.
I cut out paper with Chalk Talk framelit and stamped using the grass from Wetlands. I edged the tag with crumb cake and added it to tangerine paper where the corners were cut to match the tag. I added it to limeade paper with honeycomb embossing. I added a strip of venetian romance which was sponged in tangerine. The butterfly was colored then versamark was added then iridescent ice. Lastly I added the black ribbon and added dimensionals to attach the tag.
  Ben's with his girlfriend talking to the two High School pastors about their plans.  Then they were going to Rachel's house to talk to her parents.  We'll see what God's will is in all of this I pray.
    Record Breaking Season
We went to the Lake Erie Crushers Game last night but left when they went into a rain delay.  The Lake Erie Crushers are a  baseball team that plays in All Pro Freight Stadium in Avon Lake.  We'd been sitting in rain on and off and we didn't feel it was going to let up anytime soon.  Oh well, we got our 5 year commemorative T-shirt. Heard they lost 4-3, oh well.

                     Here's a cute video of a fox on a trampoline.  Made me smile.
Had an incredible worship time tonight at service.  The evening service plays more music and extends the service time.  The gist of the sermon was We're not home yet, we need to work for our heavenly Father in all we do.  That brought to mind a Steven Curtis Chapman song from years ago.  Couldn't find the words in a video so I posted them below the video.


To all the travelers
Pilgrims longing for a home
From one who walks with you
On this journey called life's road
Is is a long and winding road

From one who's seen the view
And dreamth of staying on the mountain high
And one who's cried like you
Wanting so much just to lay down and die
I offer this, we must remenber this

We are not Home yet
We are not Home yet
Keep on looking ahead
Let your heart not forget
We are not home yet
Not home yet
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty.com/steven-curtis-chapman-not-home-yet-lyrics.html ]
So close your eyes with me
And hear the Father saying, "welcone home"
Let us find the strenght
Ia all His promises to carry on
He said, "I go prepare a place for you"
So Let us not forget

We are not Home yet
We are not Home yet
Keep on looking ahead
Let your heart not forget
We are not home yet
We are not home yet
Keep on looking ahead
Let your heart not forget
We are not home yet

I know there'll be a moment
I know there'll be a place
Where we will see our Saviour
And fall in His enbrace
So let us not grow weary
Or too content to stay
'Cause we are not home yet
Not home yet
So let us journey on

We are not Home yet
We are not Home yet
Keep on looking ahead
Let your heart not forget
We are not home yet
Not home yet

Tomorrow I stamp with Patti my assistant!  Hope, we'll let you see what we make! :)

Blessing of the Day:I got to church! I worshiped God! I shed some tears!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderful words of wisdom in that first piece. I especially love your rocking chair card with the "You rock" sentiment. Would love to have that image! Good luck with everything, Sue.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...